MP2 Server wakes HTPC at 2am (importer auto refresh deactivated) (1 Viewer)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,
    so after installing MP2 10th AE i experienced that my HTPC was waking up in the night at 2am. As MP2 was the only thing i changed and it was exactly 2am, i immediately suspected MP2. After a few days i got around to check the logs, and surely enough the ImportWorker of MP2 woke up my pc. So i opened MP2 and checked the settings. It was set up to do a import refresh every day at 2am. So i disabled this. Still my htpc started at night. So next day i thought, maybe i have to stop the mp server service and start it again. I did that. But... htpc is still starting at night.
    Logs show that ImportWorker woke it up, but the actual refresh does not happen anymore. So it seems that the wakeup task was not disabled whenever i disabled the auto refresh in the settings.

I attached the Server.log, let me know if you need anything else :)

Thanks!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The pending jobs are persisted in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Config\MediaPortal.Common.Services.TaskScheduler.TaskSchedulerSettings.xml.

I think after disabling the MediaLibrary importer, the already existing job is not deleted. You can do it manually for now by deleting the file.

I'll look for a fix. Thanks for reporting!

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks,
    i changed ForceRun and WakeupSystem to false now and restarted service :).

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,
    as i said in my last post, this worked for me. However, i had to restart my HTPC a couple of days ago (normaly i just hibernate and resume), and now my htpc is waking up again at 2am in the night. I thought maybe the settings have been reset, but it still says false for ForceRun and WakeupSystem in the TaskShedulerSettings.xml.

Another problem i found after the restart. The Client laucher tool also started automatically with windows, even though the menu when i right click the symbol tells me it is not in autostart (Remove from autostart is greyed out, but add to autostart is clickable).
    Had to manually remove it from autostart in msconfig.

This happend with the 10th AE.

Please let me know if you need specific logs or settings.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe i can narrow it down further.
    Before i wrote the post yesterday i stopped the client luncher app manually, but did not change anything with the server.
    And tonight my htpc did not resume automatically. So maybe the client luncher has some code in it that can wake up the pc?

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I got the exact same problem, My HTPC wake up at 2 a.m. Is there a fix ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom