mp2-setup-2.2.zip (1 Viewer)

mpproblem

Portal Member
July 28, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am getting worried about MediaPortal 2 in the UK.

I have de-installed the package at least 20 times.

The last 4 times I deleted c:\ProgramData\team manager via filemanager

I have restarted the Windows 10 system

Installed mp2-setup-2.2.zip , unzipped it to own folder
to install.

I have run the TV configurator
Disable all channels except for 2 ports on Hauppauge card

1. On each of the ports I have scan channels based on UK – Crystal Palace (i.e. London)
In TV mapping – the stations appear alphabetically
and copied to left pane
I have select all, enabling EPG (colour changes)
In Radio Mapping mapping – the stations appear alphabetically
I have select all, enabling EPG (colour changes) and copied to left pane

In DVB EPG for TV EPG grabber and Radio EPG grabber I have enabled English in right pane and selected all. Stations appear in a random list , but this is not important.
On starting the MediaPortal client, under Settings , Diagnostics I have set the TV engine to stat on start of Windows.
On proceeding to Images, all works except that it shows two YEARS

<Empty> , and 2011. The latter is the date of the directory . Thus it works but not as one would be likely.

On proceeding to Albums – sort – Alphabetic , the tracks are in Alphanumeric listing i.e. tracks numbers appear say as 1,11,12,2,3 rather than 1,2,3,11,12 - thete needs to be righthand justification .

The TV, TV guide shows TV stations in a random order, may be grouped by transmitting channel, and sub- channel order but other wise USELESS and has NO ENTRIES – EPG has failed

The TV, TV just fails !!!!!

It would help if there were popups saying if ports blocked. It would help me if you could identify any missing steps.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On proceeding to Images, all works except that it shows two YEARS

<Empty> , and 2011. The latter is the date of the directory . Thus it works but not as one would be likely.
    This is what happens if you set the filter for years. Select “show all” in filter context menu and you see all images.

For the other points please upload your log files as explained in the section “how to report a problem”. Without logs we are not able to help you.

Please do not use huge and bold font sizes in the complete text. It’s difficult enough to read your posting due to missing interpunctuation and sudden topic changes. I had to change it to normal font size to be able to read it.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On proceeding to Albums – sort – Alphabetic , the tracks are in Alphanumeric listing i.e. tracks numbers appear say as 1,11,12,2,3 rather than 1,2,3,11,12 - thete needs to be righthand justification .
    It's all about knowing to use Filter options: views are layered, i.e. you look for example for an artist, click on it and see a list of tracks. Open the context menu at the right and select FIler by 'Album and Track' to get this view:

Audio.jpg

In TV mapping – the stations appear alphabetically
    and copied to left pane
    I understand that you don't like to read the Wiki. But you may want to read at least the information provided in the software itself: The title of the right pane is "Channels mapped to card". So "copying" (you can only move) to the left pane means that you remove all your channels from the tuner -> nothing mapped. You need to move everything from the left into the right pane, and you need to do this for each of your tuners by selecting one after the other in the dropdown box above the pane(s). No mapping = no TV, no EPG.

On this occasion I would like to remind you of some basic netiquete elements: please don't shout at us as you are doing for example here
    other wise USELESS and has NO ENTRIES

Last edited:

mrj

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2012
    finally "What is a background icon?" -- in most microsoft apps the top right corner has 3 single characters " - square X"
    the X is to eXit
    the square is to toggle size od window ---- not present in Client
    the "-" minus is to allow program to run in the background and allow other apps to be pulled to the foreground

I implemented this already and it will be available with next release soon.

A simple way to see the "background icon" is to toggle between full screen and windowed mode using alt+return
    When in windowed mode use the right mouse button on the top bar of the MP2 window to see the menu

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

By default MP 2 starts in full screen mode. This can be changed in the settings.

HTH mrj

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By default MP 2 starts in full screen mode. This can be changed in the settings.
    Minor addition: The MP2 display can be changed by pressing Alt+Enter. The client will always start in the same mode that it was closed before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom