MP2 - Spring'16 MP2 Spring 16: can't Repair, can't Uninstall (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I've been using MP2 since Windows 10 was issued. Yesterday it wouldn't record, nor even respond to any of the commands: MP2 has crashed!
    I tried to Repair it, using the setup file downloaded from the Team Media Portal Site: that failed, so I tried to Uninstall MP2: that failed too.
    I also tried to Uninstall MP2 in Safe Mode, but that failed to run the Windows Installer.

The SetUp log is not very user-friendly and I don't know how to proceed.

I have appended the log files produced by the Log Collector app.

Can you help me, please.
    --- Post updated ---
    Can't find an Edit facility.

Second sentence in my original post should read "Yesterday it wouldn't record broadcast TV, ..."

Sorry about that!

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Sorry, I failed to mention that the version of MP2 I have been using is the Spring 16 update.

Also my attempts to Repair and Uninstall MP2 have been made using the Spring 16 update.

Nevertheless, thank you for replying.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Could you please post the content of your hosts file? It's located at:
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\hosts

Do you have Spybot or any other antivirus/malware programs installed?

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    I followed your advice and installed MP2 from the "weekly updates" link. As far as I can see, MP2 is now running.

However, I have since had four BSOD IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE when attempting to look at the TV guide.

I use Avast, Spybot, SpywareBlaster and Malwarebytes. The first three run constantly in the background. Malwarebytes runs only when I invite it to do so.

I would have appended the hosts file, but the "Upload a File" option will not accept a file with no extension - I've tried changing the extension to jpg, but then I get a message telling me the file is not an image. I can't upload a file with .backup as an extension either.

Thank you again for your help.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I would have appended the hosts file, but the "Upload a File" option will not accept a file with no extension - I've tried changing the extension to jpg, but then I get a message telling me the file is not an image. I can't upload a file with .backup as an extension either.
    You can just paste the content of the file as plain text. I was asking about the hosts file because your log file contains this:
    Code:
    [2016-11-14 11:04:52,114] [MediaPortal.Common.Services.Logging.Log4NetLogger] [14       ] [DEBUG] - UPnPClientControlPoint: Found MP2 home server 'MediaPortal 2 server' (system ID '548e7ec5-c558-4e69-8927-855318623c50') at host 'www.007guard.com' (IP address: '127.0.0.1')
    [2016-11-14 11:04:52,286] [MediaPortal.Common.Services.Logging.Log4NetLogger] [14       ] [INFO ] - ServerConnectionManager: Connected to home server '548e7ec5-c558-4e69-8927-855318623c50' at host 'www.007guard.com' (IP address: '127.0.0.1')
    [2016-11-14 11:05:31,538] [MediaPortal.Common.Services.Logging.Log4NetLogger] [Main     ] [DEBUG] - HideMainWindow
    [2016-11-14 11:05:31,541] [MediaPortal.Common.Services.Logging.Log4NetLogger] [Main     ] [DEBUG] - ServerStatus: Connected
    [2016-11-14 11:05:31,666] [MediaPortal.Common.Services.Logging.Log4NetLogger] [Main     ] [ERROR] - AppController.UpDateClients
    System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
       at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.Utils.CompressionHelper.Decompress(IDeCompressor compressor, Stream inputStream)
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.Utils.CompressionHelper.Decompress(WebResponse response)
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceConnection.OnCallResponseReceived(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
       at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CaptureOrComplete(ExecutionContext& cachedContext, Boolean returnContext)
       at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.FinishPostingAsyncOp()
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.BeginGetResponse(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceConnection.OnActionCalled(CpAction action, IList`1 inParams, Object clientState)
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.BeginInvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.DeviceTree.CpAction.InvokeAction(IList`1 inParameters)
       at MediaPortal.Common.Services.ServerCommunication.UPnPServerControllerServiceProxy.GetConnectedClients()
       at MediaPortal.ServiceMonitor.ViewModel.AppController.RaiseUpdateServerStatus()

Does the hosts file contains any 'www.007guard.com' entries? If so, try to delete them.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    but the "Upload a File" option will not accept a file with no extension
    You can .zip the hosts file to upload it.

I use Avast, Spybot, SpywareBlaster and Malwarebytes. The first three run constantly in the background. Malwarebytes runs only when I invite it to do so.
    Three Malware Software constantly running at the same time??? It's a wonder you even can use anything on this machine. One malware soft is not necessary (as they only helps the companies who sell them), but ok, if you feel better this way...Two are bad and more than two are a disaster for any system. Those tools are fighting each other and are blocking most parts of the system. If you ever want to get a stable system you must explicitly exclude all and any folder related to MP...

Ralph Holmes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 5, 2015
    Home Country
    Never really thought about it. I've just removed Spywareblaster and Malwarebytes anyway.

No success with the "hosts" file. I opened it using "notepad", deleted the references to "007guard", but can't save it back to its original location.

In the meantime, I'll attempt to add references to MP2 to those files which Spybot ignores.

Thanks again for your help.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    No success with the "hosts" file. I opened it using "notepad", deleted the references to "007guard", but can't save it back to its original location.
    You have to do it with admin rights. One way to do it:
    1. copy the org file to your desktop,
    2. edit the copied file,
    3. copy the edited file from desktop to the org location (c:\windows\system32.drivers\etc)
    4. windows explorer should ask about admin right, by saying "yes" the file should be copied and replaced the org one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom