MP2 Summer '15 Edition can't play, no LAV (1 Viewer)

lostin_flowers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi

I installed Server And Client from the brand new "Summer '15" and was almost there yesterday, but I had limited time unfortunately.

I set TV server up, and got as far as being able to record TV but not play live TV from the client Guide. I got the error "no media item"

I wonder if it's because LAV isn't selectable in codecs? I can only select Microsoft DTV-DVD codec.

I then backed up the system and restored my previous MP 1.6 installation, to fight another day :)

lostin_flowers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I've just restored the MP2 backup image, and installed .NET/DX9/Visual Studio redists from the links in http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/1_Getting_Started/2_Installing_MediaPortal_2#System_Requirements

(then rebooted!)

Unfortunately there's still only the Microsoft DTV-DVD codec available for MPEG2 Video Codec MPEG4 Video Codec etc. where I'd expect to be able to choose LAV.

I yearn for the old "MediaPortal Configuration" program :)

I'm still getting nothing but a "no media item" error when I try and watch live TV, or try to play anything. I've just each of these a few times, and zipped up the MP2-Client\Logs folder and uploaded.

PS I've found the 'Help' icon shows errors :) Two pertinent ones are:
    there is no player registered to play media item 'live3-3.ts.tsbuffer'
    unable to play media item 'Glastonbury 1 - 2015-06-26.ts'

Thanks in advance!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm quite sure you are missing one of the VCRedists:
    [2015-07-12 14:58:20,117] [82841 ] [Thread9 ] [WARN ] - SlimTvPlayerBuilder: Error playing media item 'Resource '{04affa6c-ea42-4bd3-aa6f-c16dcef1d693}://0|F:\MPTimeShift\live3-3.ts.tsbuffer' at system 'c3036587-07ba-4250-af05-98168d3371cb'
    System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'EVRPresenter.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

--> This error comes from loading a C++ component which depends on the redistributables. (Here it's the VC2013). Always install the x86 versions!

lostin_flowers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Don't I feel like a right n00b. I didn't know about having to have the x86 version. Can't try it until next weekend now, I didn't think I'd get a response on a Sunday so reverted to my previous image. You have probably cracked it, will let you asap my friend![DOUBLEPOST=1436731150][/DOUBLEPOST]PS any reason why LAV isn't available?

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Why not just fixing it from development side? Must be simple to do a dependency check in either the installer or when starting? I had same issue, whem I used MP2 first time. (Who read the IKEA manuals?)

lostin_flowers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2013
    Home Country
    I just installed VC2013 x86 and it's definitely made a difference, I can watch non-HD TV and recordings. Any HD channels just give me a blank screen, and HD recordings show the overlay/OSD (title of show, progress bar etc) but stay at 0:00 and the rest of the screen is blank.

FYI the last thing I did before zipping up the client logs was attempting to watch a HD recording of The Simpsons. Hope this helps :)

PS I have quite a different Settings menu tree now, although nothing relating to codecs is now apparent! Is this right? Does MP2 use DIrectX for everything now?

Cheers guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom