MP2 Summer '15 Edition' - No Media Item (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Jenkinson

September 18, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 x64 Home Edition with the new MP2 Summer '15 Edition, I'm based in the UK and using MP to playback live television (Built in TBS Freesat Tuner), music, video's and bluray, all these appear to be working fine but streaming catchup TV with Online Video's is not, I'm just using ITV and BBC IPlayer which both error with "No Media Item" after selecting the program and video quality.

The below message seems to stand out to me from the Client Log but I've also attached the full log file set:

[2015-09-18 17:20:01,221] [39015 ] [Thread9 ] [WARN ] - OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.OnlineVideosPlayer: Unable to play 'Resource '{12a38b49-6115-4a8e-b638-087d643669ab}://rtmpe://cp72511.edgefcs.net####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' at system 'd4cf6467-4ba1-4997-9b47-3886776c7c3e'
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: End of Stream encountered before parsing was completed.
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
at OnlineVideos.MPUrlSourceFilter.SimpleUrl.FromString(String data)
at OnlineVideos.MPUrlSourceFilter.UrlBuilder.GetFilterUrl(SiteUtilBase siteUtil, String url)
at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.OnlineVideosPlayer.ApplyMPUrlSourceFilterSiteUserSettings(String url)
at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.OnlineVideosPlayer.LoadAndWaitForMPUrlSourceFilter(IFilterStateEx filterStateEx)
at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.OnlineVideosPlayer.AddSourceFilter()
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle)
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayerBuilder.GetPlayer(MediaItem mediaItem)
[2015-09-18 17:20:01,454] [39248 ] [Thread9 ] [ERROR] - Unable to create media player for media item 'Series 1 Episode 1'
System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: End of Stream encountered before parsing was completed.
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream)
at OnlineVideos.MPUrlSourceFilter.SimpleUrl.FromString(String data)
at OnlineVideos.MPUrlSourceFilter.UrlBuilder.GetFilterUrl(SiteUtilBase siteUtil, String url)
at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.OnlineVideosPlayer.ApplyMPUrlSourceFilterSiteUserSettings(String url)
at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.OnlineVideosPlayer.LoadAndWaitForMPUrlSourceFilter(IFilterStateEx filterStateEx)
at OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.OnlineVideosPlayer.AddSourceFilter()
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.BaseDXPlayer.SetMediaItem(IResourceLocator locator, String mediaItemTitle)
at MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.VideoPlayerBuilder.GetPlayer(MediaItem mediaItem)
at MediaPortal.UI.Services.Players.PlayerManager.BuildPlayer_NoLock(MediaItem mediaItem, ICollection`1& exceptions)

The below pre-requisites were installed prior to installing MP2 and the Windows Media Pack is also installed:

I have also tried downloading and installing the latest SAF 6.2.3 codec package and configuring MP2 to use these but this has not helped. Has anyone else experienced or experiencing this error within Online Videos? If so what was the solution?

Thankyou in advance,

CHRBRO

September 28, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have exactly the same problem. New user to mediaportal, have been running mp1 for last few weeks and just made fresh install and mp2.
MP1 works fine for BBC and ITV but MP2 has same problem as above. Some of the other online video sites appear to be working (youtube etc)
Also hoping for solution. Windows 10

CHRBRO

September 28, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I installed the standalone version of Online Videos and it works fine, just having problems with the integrated version.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I remember that somewhere inside MP2 the resource or item classes cut off the length of the string. I had mentioned that somewhere before. Some type of validation on the property most likely for adding to DB. But in OV case the item is never saved to DB, but this validation still runs and cuts off the string.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, yes. Now I also remember. The Resource Path is defined with 1000 characters. When setting its value there is a check that takes only a substring:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi.../MediaManagement/MediaItemAspect.cs#L240-L244

Not sure how to deal with this problem. If we would generally allow to store larger strings than the DB accepts, this would require the DB side to do all checks before persisting the items. This would lead to many changes.

Another "hacky" way would be to extend the MediaItem class with an overloaded method to set values, which doesn't check the length. But in this case the MI must not be persisted to DB. And also (de)serialization must be checked.

What do our other @Developers think about this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom