MP2 synchronising of stoptime (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had a pretty difficult day yesterday trying to install and use MP2 2.2.3 ... my experience of using it with one server and 4 clients was not fruitful. Things didn't work as expected but worst of all it was unstable.
    The difficulty for MP2 (and indeed for MP1) is the paucity of active developers. This makes it very difficult to advance the product in all of the areas desired :(.

All of this has led me to the conclusion that MP1 is really stable, has a very user-friendly interface,
    Having been in development for longer, MP1 is a stable product (this is my experience too). But not all MP1 users find this -- there is a regular trickle of MP1 users who have mystifying problems that have no obvious cause. I suspect that this is due to the enormous flexibility of Windows PCs that allows users to change Windows settings in a way that causes problems for their MP1 system.

MP1 is not without fault. In the six years that I have been using it, I have noticed many minor bugs or things that don't work quite right, but these do not detract from the basic reliability of MP1. (y) :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi CyberSimian

I agree with everything you have said.

There are glitches, but I think we can live with them for everything else we get.

Tony

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The mediaportalsdir.xml is an inofficial feature, which, when in doubt, is unsupported
    Why not official? And not supported? I do not see any problems in using this function. There may be problems only with the database, and not always. For example, I have a single repository of all the thumbs for all computers with a Mediaportal. No problem. :)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    There are glitches, but I think we can live with them for everything else we get.
    If there are flaws that do not relate to the TV part, let us know, maybe we can fix them (although there are not so many of us left).
    Now we have done a great job on the part of Pictures, before that in the Video, a little on the Music. I use MP1 every day on 3 computers, and I am satisfied. It is convenient and flexible. :):whistle::coffee:

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Why not official? And not supported? I do not see any problems in using this function. There may be problems only with the database, and not always. For example, I have a single repository of all the thumbs for all computers with a Mediaportal. No problem. :)

I use a single repository for almost everything and it works brilliantly for me too.

BTW, ajs, are you involved in the Fanart database? The reason I am asking is because, in developing the sync app we've discussed, I need to compare the database data in the Fanart client database, e.g. the image table, with my sync database to find new records that I distribute to the other client databases. This would be much faster if the image table had a column of type integer that is autoincrement so I can be certain where the new data begins (I can skip straight to the new data) - it's a matter of performance because this process is currently very resource intensive. I have been able to use the unique id for tables in the VideoDatabaseV5.db3 to make comparisons very fast but simply cannot use this technique for the fanart database.

I have been testing my sync app, which I have re-developed from the ground up since our conversation at the end of January and the app now processes FanartDatabase, MusicDatabase, PictureDatabase and VideoDatabase. I have just had another idea about how to improve performance that I am about to try out, but the image table is one table that I am struggling to process efficiently.

Please let me know if you can help.

Tony

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    FanartHandler when start automatically search all new pictures and put it to db, dn have rowid in Image table, and TimeStamp (if i remember its time when picture added in db)

In 1.25Pre Picture database have a lot of changes... New tables and new fields...

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom