MP2 - V2.4.1 MP2-V2.4.1 Installation crashes (1 Viewer)

EnricoH

Portal Member
July 19, 2022
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks ge2301,

I followed all suggestions you made.
But I had no success.

So I tried to doublecheck and started to install MediaPortal on my Windows11 sandbox as a "user" without membership of Admin Group.
It worked.

So I have to do more investigation why it fails on my "real" Windows 10 image.
That will take some time.
So please close this issue.

Thanks a lot.

EnricoH

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    could you merge MP2.4.1 release into the new installer branch and provide a setup here?
    Done, it's based on latest 2.4.1, I've also implemented TvMosaic plugin selection and added .net 4.8 as a prerequisite so it should prompt to install it if it's not currently installed (though I haven't actually tested that :whistle: ), installer is here - https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjo....2b0db74c119c17b656216bb39968f56820dcbdfe.zip

@EnricoH you can give the above installer a try, though the underlying installation process is very similar so you may run into the same issue.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Done, it's based on latest 2.4.1, I've also implemented TvMosaic plugin selection and added .net 4.8 as a prerequisite so it should prompt to install it if it's not currently installed
    @Brownard I think .NET4.8 is an update for .NET4.7.1, so I could also update it in our Wiki?
    In other words: If people have .NET4.8 installed and have older version of MP2, it would still work, right?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Yes it's fully backwards compatible (all .net frameworks are). It's also been included in Windows Update for a couple of years so it should only be missing for people that haven't kept their machine up to date, which is probably relatively few.

EnricoH

Portal Member
    July 19, 2022
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Done, it's based on latest 2.4.1, I've also implemented TvMosaic plugin selection and added .net 4.8 as a prerequisite so it should prompt to install it if it's not currently installed (though I haven't actually tested that :whistle: ), installer is here - https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/jr05jqgs27pkwieq/artifacts/MediaPortal/Bin/MediaPortalSetup_2.4.1.WIP_MP2-672_CustomInstaller_2.4.285.2b0db74c119c17b656216bb39968f56820dcbdfe.zip

@EnricoH you can give the above installer a try, though the underlying installation process is very similar so you may run into the same issue.
    @ge2301 I'll do my very best. ;-)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @EnricoH can you check in the MP2 Server log directory (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Log) to see if it generated a server.log file and post it here if so? I want to see if there's a fundamental permissions issue that isn't allowing the installer to start the service at all, in which case there won't be a server log file, or whether the server is being started but fails due to some other error, which should generate a server log.

EnricoH

Portal Member
    July 19, 2022
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, there are log dataset.
    But last access was on August, 04. My last attempt to install MediaPortal.
    Anyway, I copy both Server.log and ServerError.log

Attachments

• Server.log
      29.4 KB
    • ServerError.log
      25.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom