[WiP] MP2 Web interface (1 Viewer)

Mikou

Portal Pro
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

Do we already have some web interface for MP2 or is there any plans to have that kind of?
So that you could schedule recording or watch media over Internet/local network.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do we already have some web interface for MP2 or is there any plans to have that kind of?
    There is heavy work going on behind the stage on this. ASP.Net will be included into the MP2 Server. With this you will be able to watch any media you have in your ml, schedule and manage TV recordings, watch live TV and edit or setup nearly any aspect of MP2 in any modern web browser.
    But it will take some more month before it is ready to be released to the public.

Rhody

Portal Member
    August 24, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Will there be a mobile version of the Web interface? That would be very useful.

aMUSEd

Portal Member
    November 6, 2016
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

Just switched from Argus TV to Media Portal 2 and everything works fine. The only feature is missing is a web tv guide to schedule and manage recordings.
    Do you have any idea when a build formthis feature is planned?

Thanks, br

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Just switched from Argus TV to Media Portal 2 and everything works fine. The only feature is missing is a web tv guide to schedule and manage recordings.
    Do you have any idea when a build formthis feature is planned?

Thanks, br
    Could be part of the MP2Extended plugin, that is developed. @FreakyJ can tell, if such feature is on the list.

aMUSEd

Portal Member
    November 6, 2016
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks for information ge2301. @FreakyJ would love to see such a feature in the MP2Extended Plugin. Just want to schedule recordings from an app or a webinterface

Thanks in advance formyour efforts...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As far as I know the MP2Extended plugin only is a homage to the old way, it was done and make apps like aMPdroid work with MP2. The main interface will be an ASP.NET Web- Interface (MP2-Web) that not only allows scheduling of TV recordings but also the complete configuration of the mighty MP2 server from within any modern browser. But this may take a (nother ;) ) while until it is finished.

Users who are viewing this thread