MP2 Webservices (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    until mp2 has a tv server of its own .. im happy using WebMediaportal/MpExtended with Mp1

as for MP2 .. it would be great to see similar or improved webservices!
    We will probably just adapt MpExtended for MP2... Especially when it comes to video streaming/transcoding it would be a waste of everones time to develop this twice...

Also: This would mean that existing clients (aMPdroid, WebMP,...) can be used with MP2 also without any changes needed.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes this sounds good. So I assume the important part is the communication with the MP2 media library

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes this sounds good. So I assume the important part is the communication with the MP2 media library
    Yeah, in MP1 we directly read from the DB and oxan has optimized the linq queries for that... I think he can answer best on what we would need for MP2.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The MP2 media library is very flexible, i.e. it automatically adds new DB tables for new metadata aspects. Also tables are auto-renamed when an Aspect changes it's guid due to content changes:
    i.e. we had "Actor" not defined as m:n and changed this. With this changes we also assigned a new Aspect GUID, this resulted into a new db-table with "_1" appended.

I only want to say that Albert put a lot of logic into the ML and I recommend not to access DB directly but use the ML library interfaces.

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I haven't had a look at the ML library but with such a dynamic layout it seems nearly impossible to map these data on a fixed api like the one of MPExtended.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The MP2 media library is very flexible, i.e. it automatically adds new DB tables for new metadata aspects. Also tables are auto-renamed when an Aspect changes it's guid due to content changes:
    i.e. we had "Actor" not defined as m:n and changed this. With this changes we also assigned a new Aspect GUID, this resulted into a new db-table with "_1" appended.

I only want to say that Albert put a lot of logic into the ML and I recommend not to access DB directly but use the ML library interfaces.
    KK, like I said oxan really did most of the work there but what we are currently doing is creating the sqlite query from the linq query (get shows 20-30 sort tite order asc). I'm sure we will find a solution for this though... ;)

Some other issues that come to mind:
    - Where to put the upnp/dlna code.
    - Run MpExtended as standalone service or MP2 server plugin (what about clients)
    - Combine User-Management of MpExtended/MP2 (when there is one in MP2)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, the way we access the databases doesn't really matter. It would be nice if we could just use the library code from MP2 (which unfortunately wasn't possible with MP1). MPExtended uses a plugin architecture for the media libraries, so in the best case we only need some wrapping code.

I'm personally not really interested in implementing MP2 support in MPExtended (yet), but I'd be more than happy to help someone do it.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I haven't had a look at the ML library but with such a dynamic layout it seems nearly impossible to map these data on a fixed api like the one of MPExtended.
    I don't expect it to be a bigger problem than the changing databases in MP1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom