mp3 organisation (1 Viewer)

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
just wondering what you guys use for organising and tagging all your mp3's

So far i have been doing it manually, but renaming my files and tagging all 20 GB of mp3's i have is getting tedious. For Album art i use "album art downloader" but what i am looking for is something that will have to ability to update my mp3 tags via the web and will also give me the ability to change my file names to a common format ie "artist - songtitle.mp3"

i have searched the web but really haven't come across anything that is able to do both without a lot of tinkering.

thanks for the replies
fod

my mp3's are all in one folder sorted by filename and i am using embedded album art

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can highly reccommend TagScanner - it can edit tags of several progressive audio formats, rename files based on the tag information, and generate tag information from filenames. Also you may get album info via internet music database freedb.org. Supports ID3v1, ID3v2, Vorbis comments and APEv2 tags.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Using MusicBrainz Classic Tagger and MusicBrainz Picard. It tries to recognize what song it is by using the content of the file. But most importantly it renames your files and copies them to a file structure in a way you want it to.

www.musicbraniz.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom