mp3 organisation (1 Viewer)

deebo

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
i took the time last fall and used musicbrainz picard for my 15k song collection

it took me an evening total to get my collection all properly tagged and organized into a mp3\%artist_abc\%artist\%album\%track - %title.mp3 system

great piece of software

then one run with album cover art downloader and boom, most of my albums had a folder.jpg too :)

Peter Pan

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Kiel
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi all,

I have a question about mp3 organisation inside MP.

It would be great to have more than one music database.
For example one database with 'childrens music', one with 'radio plays', 'Classic', 'Rock' etc...

Every database should have his one's menu entry in MP.

Is this possible, or will this be possible in the near future?

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
hey guys,

thanks for the great responses, I tried out music brainz and tag and rename... still not quite what i was after, i used a program that came with Roxio Media the last time i did this and it worked all right. however, this time, i have found and am using Media Monkey to play, organise and get the cover art for all my music. It's a little labour intensive, however, i can completely edit everything i want, and the search function for tagging the mp3's is great, it also downloads the album covers all in the same go.

thanks again for the responses,

fod

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hi all,

I have a question about mp3 organisation inside MP.

It would be great to have more than one music database.
For example one database with 'childrens music', one with 'radio plays', 'Classic', 'Rock' etc...

Every database should have his one's menu entry in MP.

Is this possible, or will this be possible in the near future?

You could tag your music with the correct genre and add a view to filter out the different music styles .

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
i guess along a similar line, what reliable opensource or free software do you guys use to convert your DVD collection to avi. Currently i have backed up all the dvd's i own on my hardrive in .iso format and then use dameon tools to view them in MP. I would like to convert them all to .avi (i want to do it myself instead of downloading them so i can monitor the quality) as it would save a lot of room on the hardrive.

thanks

fod

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom