MPBlue - (Control MP with your PocketPC) (1 Viewer)

scrappy.doo

Portal Pro
September 5, 2005
Well here's something I've created. It's a plugin that allows you to connect to MediaPortal using your Pocket PC.

Put MPBlue.dll inside your 'plugins\process' dir and enable the plugin through the configuration utility.
http://www.meukro.com/MPBlue.rar

Extract all the files from MPBlueClientPocket.rar and put them all on your pocket pc. Create a network connection using either bluetooth or wlan and you should be ready to go.
http://www.meukro.com/MPBluePocket.rar

There's A LOT to do, so consider this a 'proof-of-concept' rather then a usefull plugin for now.
What is working:

- Grab TV Channel list
- Grab TV Programs
- Menu Navigation

feel free to post some comments/suggestions/anything.

TVKiwi

Portal Member
May 27, 2005
Scrappy - this could well become the most useful plugin - certainly what I have been waiting for. I would think that the best use for this type of plugin would be for browsing and selecting music / arranging playlists without having to be at the HTPC.

Is this something you have in mind (please say yes)?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This sounds like it could be the answer to my prayers - I have been looking for some way that I could navigate, select and play my music, without having to fire up my display (a DLP projector).

Now all I need is a Pocket PC.... :)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm going to pay close attention as this plugin is being developed. Hopefully it will allow skinning also. It will then be the ultimate remote control!

Mike Zemina

scrappy.doo

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2005
    The download uses the standard windows GUI components for the interface and a custom made ImageButton. At the moment I'm using some stuff from the OpenNETCF library since I'm focusing on getting the basic stuff to work first before I start creating a fancy GUI that doesn't work :wink:

I've just finished the part that fetches the list of movies and I'll soon upload a new version that should allow you to play any of the media from the MediaPortal database.

scrappy.doo

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2005
    Updated Version

Plugin:
    http://www.meukro.com/MPBlue.rar

Pocket PC Client:
    http://www.meukro.com/MPBluePocket.rar

The client will show the TV guide a bit better now and some internal stuffed changed. You can also view your movie database and play a file, now the file does get played fullscreen, but the client and mediaportal won't respond to any of your commands afterwards, heh. I guess I need to fix that. Any tips are welcome since I can find very little documentation on how to do stuff in your plugins. This is the current code I'm using to play a file:
    Code:
    GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow((int) GUIWindow.Window.WINDOW_FULLSCREEN_VIDEO,true);
    MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(file);

If anyone also knows some library to create some wicked GUI's for pocket pcs, please let me now as the default window components are working , but they do look ugly :wink:

scrappy.doo

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2005
    it requires the .NET Compact Framework to be installed on your pocket PC, which is the case for all 2003 models I think, but you can install it on 2002 models aswell. The rar file is updated now with all dll files you need.

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Are the links down? I would like to test this out but can't get the files.

Also you could edit the topic to be a little more clear what this is... I think you would get a better response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom