MPBlue PPC client release 0.0.4 (2 Viewers)

ZetaVu

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
I started looking at the differences between media portal 0.2.2.0 and 1.0 RC3, three main things stick out

1. file location, the database files are now under documents and settings, not program files
2. terms in the database files are different - new one uses tracks, old one used songs, etc
3. database name (v10 vs v7)

Now, the navigation controls still work, so I can move up, down, pause, next song, ff etc. What doesn't work is the now playing and music library, both of which draw data from the music database. I can open both databases in sqlite database browser (which I also use to index songs to artist for faster readin, can't do that now since songs are now tracks) so I am guessing that we need to change the location MPBlue looks for the database, possibly the name of the database, and the terms used for tracks vs songs, etc.

So, obviously I am a novice at this but will try, any and all help appreciated. Not sure if these definitions are in server or client yet. Any other ideas please share. I have a copy of the last release and source, are they still available for download?

ZetaVu

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Ok, I'm getting two errors with the new databases.dll and mpblue server. (so far, probably have to correct these to see others)

The type 'MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase' has no constructors defined (CS0143)
and
'MediaPortal.Music.Database.MusicDatabase' does not contain a definition for 'GetResults' (CS0117)

These are repeated for different terms 15 times total
When I switch back to the 0.2.2.0 version of databases.dll, these go away and I get
The type or namespace name 'SQLite' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246)
The type or namespace name 'SQLiteResultSet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246)

So I think I need to add another reference possibly.

I found where idsong needs to be changed to idtrack, I've changed those over. It looks like it is looking for the database data inside media portal, so name and location changes of the file in rc3 should have no impact. I can't test any other fixes until I sort out these errors, any suggestions?

vecnar

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I have exactly the same question as i can't find installation files and I don't have Ipod otherwise i would use ipimp. I hope someone will take over this plugin as what I am looking for is to wakeup my system from standby and browse music from my pda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom