MPC-HC full integration in MP (1 Viewer)

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Hello,
I have found a solution to be able to use, almost perfectly, MPC-HC in Mediaportal.
First, to load MPC-HC in fullscreen mode I just tick the corresponding option in MPC-HC options.
Then to map the keys like "Exit" or "Back" to close MPC-HC and go back to Mediaportal I followed this tutorial:
Configuring MCE Remote for Windows Media Player Classic - AVForums.com
It's working fine. The only point is that, when closing MPC-HC, it takes a few seconds (about 5) to go back to MeEdiaportal, which is slower than with MPC classic.
FYI, I have a Logictech 885 remote with the Windows MCE IRC receiver.
Ced

zeeke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you want to do whatever with Media Portal and MPC I'd recommend the outstanding program Eventghost. With that you can do almost anything you want with any keypress.

My setup now remaps the whole remote to the active program, it is beatiful

BMan

Portal Member
    August 29, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Have you tried just using the MPC codecs in MP? I just set it up this weekend. For playback of M2TS files, I'm using the MPC video decoder and ffdshow audio decoder. I'm watching HD video and listening to bitstreamed HD audio (like DDTrue HD and DTS HD Master). Best part, the native remote controls for MP works perfectly. No need for external players or complicated remote control programming.

zeeke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have you tried just using the MPC codecs in MP? I just set it up this weekend. For playback of M2TS files, I'm using the MPC video decoder and ffdshow audio decoder. I'm watching HD video and listening to bitstreamed HD audio (like DDTrue HD and DTS HD Master). Best part, the native remote controls for MP works perfectly. No need for external players or complicated remote control programming.

Is there an updated MPC HC codec, the one I found was from 2009

garfms

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2009

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You can also just manually install MPC-HC codec.
    Download the standalone filters file from here

Put MPCVideoDec.ax (which is in the zip file) in C:\
    START > RUN > CMD (Or in vista/win7 start > run > "powershell". And rightclick on the new windows in the taskbar and select, run as administrator.
    Now in the powershell/cmd type:
    Code:
    regsvr32 C:\mpcvideodec.ax
    Hit ENTER and click OK and its done.

Now you can select the mpc codec in the configuration screan of mediaportal.
    Good luck.

PS, Im writing this out of the top of my head. I could have made a spelling error or command error somewhere. Please forgive me for that :)

JACOB B

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

so, you say that MPC-HC (with its mentioned nice SD-quality) is integrated into MP via SAF 4.0 now?
    ...i have tons of SD material, i like to watch at the best availiable quality on a 50" Plasma.

As far as I understand, yes :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom