mpc-hc plays fine except when called from mediaportal (1 Viewer)

japes

Portal Member
October 27, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have recently switched my external player from MPC to MPC-HC version. When clicking on file from computer folder everything plays fine. however when I select movie or tv show from moving pictures or my TVSeries within mediaportal I either get one of two issues...1 sound only no picute or 2 file loads ans shows time but nothing actually plays.

THis only happens for H264 MKV files it appears as my SD DVD's I have as MKV play fine.

Not sure why it plays fine using same player from outside Mediaportal if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    why dont you use the internal player? I can think of no advantages of MPC-HC over MP player with proper codec setup. The internal player can even be setup to use the MPC-HC codecs and MPC-HC splitter if you wish.

japes

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    I had been using MPC for a long time (before I found Media Portal) and through trial and error I had everything playing without any problems. After I discovered Media Portal (and myTVseries and Moving Pictures) I didn't want to go back through the trail and error process of getting codecs set up so I used MPC as an external player and until recently it worked fine. Now it seems that Media Portal doesn't simply call the external player and stay out of the process but it changes something in the setting maybe.

If there is a sure fire way to set everything up without tons of trail and error I would probably be willing to give the internal player another try. Also I use a Logitech Mediaboard pro that was bluetooth keyboard touch pad combo for the PS3. The only issue is that the media keys weren't programable for XP but my work around was to change the hotkeys inside MPC to coincide with the media keys. If that is a simple congif option then that's ok.

all in all I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel just to set it up again...I may have the patience but my wife won't.

Thanks for any feedback..

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As long as you have never installed any other codecs or codec packs on your system, then you can safely use SAF. SAF is a very small finetuned selection of codecs based on mpc-hc filters that is specially designed for mediaprotal. The old SAF 4.X just uses mpc-hc filters, the new SAF 5.X version adds in the new ffdshow dxva filter. SAF may not work if you have any other codecs installed on your PC.

zeeke

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I had to remove MP 1.1 beta 6 and go back to beta 4 because it broke the mpc hc external playback. It took over a minute to open mpc hc after I pressed play.

japes

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Zeeke, at least I know it's not just me having issues.

Tazzios

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I`ve got the same problem. :(

update:
    i had only problems with the series plugin that couldn`t play reinstalling the plugin with or without removing the old database wasnt making any different. So i did a reinstall with MP 1.1 en streammp and SAF4 now it`s working again.

japes

Portal Member
    October 27, 2008
    Home Country
    I can hear the audio but the screen is black. Of course when I use MPC-HC without Mediaportal everything is fine. I just need to konw if it is not possible to use MPC-HC anymore as an external player for Mediaportal...

Works fine with SD and DVD (movies and tvseries) just not my HD files...

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I can hear the audio but the screen is black. Of course when I use MPC-HC without Mediaportal everything is fine. I just need to konw if it is not possible to use MPC-HC anymore as an external player for Mediaportal...

Works fine with SD and DVD (movies and tvseries) just not my HD files...

Startup media portal in a window (instead of full screen). startup your video file in question and pause it.

download and run radlights graphstudio. Run it, click File, connect to remote graph. Select the item in the list and open it. You should see a picture of what is happening with your file. The file should be split first, then video and audio will render with something. Clicking on the properties of each box will tell you what "codec" is loading for each piece.

This will give us some good troubleshooting info.

Look at the thread that Hoborg started here, scroll down and read the graphstudio section of the first post for more info;
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dalone-filters-dxva-ready-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/

akajester

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom