Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MPDisplay++ - Extended Display/Touchscreen Plugin

A Second GUI For MediaPortal For Multiple External Monitors/Touchscreens/PC's.​

Introduction
    MPDisplay++ is a WCF server/client based display solution for MediaPortal, With MPDisplay++ you can display any Mediaportal information from your HTPC to any other attached screen's or any PC's anywhere*.
    MPDisplay++ has an independent skin engine so you can customize the way you want it. MPDisplay++ is basically a second GUI for MP. You can connect as may MPDisplay++ UI's to the plugin as you want.

*You can use MPDisplay++ on any attached Monitor/Touchscreen on your HTPC, Also you can install MPDisplay++ on other PC's on your LAN or over the Internet to control MediaPortal. For over internet use the correct MPDisplay++ networks ports must be available for external connections (default port: 44444)

Screen Shots:

Feature list:
    - Homescreen
    - Basic Homescreen
    - Video Playing screens
    - Music Playing screen with Equalizer display
    - TV Playing Screen
    - Fully usable listcontrol of every menu within MP (Touch/Mouse only)
    - Remote Touch control(Touch/Mouse only)
    - and the Best: Fully customizable!!

Other Informations
    Current Version - 0.9.7.0
    Project Website - MPDisplay++ Website
    Bugtracker - MPDisplay++ Bugtracker

Setup WIKI: MPDisplay++ WIKI

Requirements
    Requires MediaPortal - 1.7 - 1.12
    Secondary Display/Touchscreen (When using an Android Tablet, try "iDisplay")
    Microsoft .NET 4.5
    WorldWeather for Weather display
    InfoService for RSS Feeds

FAQ's:
    can be found here: MPDisplay++ FAQ's

Author(s)
    Team MPD

Plugin Developers: Sebimuxx(Developer), Sa_ddam213(retired)
    Skin Developers: Wondermusic
    Test Group: mrbonsen, pur_berger, diskeeper, hapklaar, christix

Kown Issues / MP Plugins
    There are no known issues in conjunction with other plug-ins. However, MPD++ will not support all MP- plug-ins.
    The supported extensions are:
    - Moving Pictures
    - TV Series
    - mvCentral
    - MyAnime3
    - WorldWeather
    - OnlineVideos
    - RadioTime
    - Fitz!Box Manager
    - UpdateControl
    - ExtensionManager
    - myEmulators2
    - WebBrowser

Release Roadmap
    Alpha: Basic API/GUI functionality/Testing
    Beta: Feature/Requests, Advanced GUI functionality

Final: Performance/Graphics etc.

If you find an error/bug please check the RoadMap.txt to see if it's a known issue.
    If not please submit the issue to the bugtracker, If you unsure if it's a bug just post in this thread

Skin Mods:
    StreamedMP Mod by diskeeper: Screenshots, Download
    Essential Titanium Mod by powermarcel10: Screenshots, Download

Skin Updates:

Donations:
    Bitcoin: 1Ji8QzPJ6JPKccAJexLDbqG4bZXizmVErQ
    Litecoin: LTajuFRnCLSarTFXL329imAD8Lk5TpsEaz
    PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8def8934b92a630e40b7fef61ab7e9fe63

DOWNLOAD:
    Plugin

ATTENTION PLEASE
    If you have any questions about Skinning, please leave your questions in our Forum. This helps to keep this threat fairly clear.
    Skinning questions

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks, I have it installed and intial tests look great, not had a crash yet, so maybe the problem I had with the previous version crashing has been fixed :)

One thing, I use Avallance skin (not WS) and the backdrop image on the TVSeries now playing screen was not showing, it was just a blank screen. I seem to have fixed it by making another section called NewRectangle not visible, I think it was laying over the image.

I am sorry that is so vague, but I don't really know what I'm doing in the skin editor, it is usually down to luck and many attempts if I manage to make the changes I was intending to! If you need more info, let me know.

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I changed the Rectangle a bit. Now it's more transparent.
    I make some other changes for quantor, so if everything is done I'll upload an updated Version for Avallanche Skin.
    Thx for the hint! :)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had some problems with MPDisplay and MP_UPnPRenderer.

The code couldn't load album art over http- URLs, therefore the images of albums played from the UPnP server are never shown. I looked into the code on GitHub and tried some changes.

With the patches attached, loading Images from URLs now works for me.

Maybe you could take a look at it and merge it into your code for the next release.

Thank you for this great plugin! :)

Attachments

• MPDisplay-master-patches.zip
      2.5 KB

sebimuxx

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had a quck look to the proposed changes, makes sense and should not break existing functionality. I will merge this into 1.0.0. thanks a lot.

Regards,

Michael

spv777

Portal Member
    May 10, 2015
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    Media portals use for a long time, has been updated to 1.11.0 and accordingly MPDisplay ++ to 9.7.0, as use body Thermaltake DH-202 with 7 ", and that's what the thing: when you press the Task Switcher (call submenu with audio, subtitles, chapters, etc.), at least when you click on App.Launcher (info) on the screen TV pops plate: MPDisplay.GUI program is not working, and the display housing is information at the moment of pressing the button. a week and still can beat. With languages not so good, so ask for help here. Spread the logs.English speak poorly and write through Google translator. I beg your pardon

Attachments

• МР error.jpg
      МР error.jpg
      346.7 KB

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you please set the Log- level in MPD++ Config to "Debug" and force the error again (I need those log- files)?
    What I didn't understood: What do you mean with:

when you press the Task Switcher (call submenu with audio, subtitles, chapters, etc.), at least when you click on App.Launcher (info)

Task Switcher (or F9 on Keyboard?) is relative clear, but I don't know what you do in next step (what key is it on the keyboard?)...

spv777

Portal Member
    May 10, 2015
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    I have remote Control, not the keyboard. when you press the Task Switcher (call submenu with audio, subtitles, chapters, etc.),rarely when you click on App.Launcher (info) on the TV screen appears plate: The program does not work MPDisplay GUI.display housing is information at the moment of pressing the button.
    which logs you want more? where to get them?

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I need the same log files just with more information in it...
    Or better, everything you find in the logs- folder of MPDisplay++, ProgramData folder. Just put it into a zip file. ;)

I don't know how you configured your RC... So it would be good to know what key on keyboard the Info- key is.
    When I see it correctly (in MP WIKI) you first tab F9 (TaskSwitcher on your RC) and then F3 (App.Launcher on your RC)? does MPD crash when you press one button after another or when clicking both buttons independently of each other?

I (sebimuxx at least) must have these debug- logfiles to see if it's probably a skin issue or something else...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom