MPDisplay++ - Extended Display/Touchscreen Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tini-hamburg

Portal Member
February 21, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Sa_ddam213,

sorry for the missing information. Yes - I moved all mpdisplay files which were installed on c:\program files\[...]\plugins\[...] to my mp installation directory on c:
I use ProgramData on C

The Plugin is enabled an I configured it with the option in MediaPortal and not with the shortcut on my desktop.

You will find the logs attached. I yust tried it two or tree times.

regards, Tini

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Sa_ddam213,

sorry for the missing information. Yes - I moved all mpdisplay files which were installed on c:\program files\[...]\plugins\[...] to my mp installation directory on c:
    I use ProgramData on C

The Plugin is enabled an I configured it with the option in MediaPortal and not with the shortcut on my desktop.

You will find the logs attached. I yust tried it two or tree times.

regards, Tini

Hey Tini,

Looking at the logs it seems the plugin was never started by MP ????

Would you be able to post the MediaPortal.log so I can see if the plugin loaded.

it is in "Process plugins" not "Window plugins" right?

Cheers
    Sa

tini-hamburg

Portal Member
    February 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sa_ddam213,

thanks for your reply. Because of this I enabled MPDisplay again and startet ist to send you acutal log files with the information and now everything worked fine - I really don't know why - I canged nothing. This is my most loved sentense when I get support calls! I never trust the people when I hear this words... But I really don't know, what's diffrent... I tried it now tree times and it's allways working!

Thank's!
    Tini

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Sa_ddam213,

thanks for your reply. Because of this I enabled MPDisplay again and startet ist to send you acutal log files with the information and now everything worked fine - I really don't know why - I canged nothing. This is my most loved sentense when I get support calls! I never trust the people when I hear this words... But I really don't know, what's diffrent... I tried it now tree times and it's allways working!

Thank's!
    Tini

Thats awesome :)

I will make sure the installer in the next version is better and more versitile :)

Cheers
    Sa

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPDisplay++ - Extended Display/Touchscreen Plugin

ive installed MP 1.2.2 and the myDisplay 0.7.
    i connected the display over VGA.
    But the Plugins doesnt work, why?

hope anyone can help.

regard

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
      Unbenannt.PNG
      110.4 KB

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ive installed MP 1.2.2 and the myDisplay 0.7.
    i connected the display over VGA.
    But the Plugins doesnt work, why?

hope anyone can help.

regard
    Resolved in German Forum Threat. :)

Diskeeper shared his work with us... :D Many many thanks to him!!!!!

You can Download the STMP Skin (StreamedMP), NOW...

Cheers,
    Richy

Samdezwam

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Any news on the problem I am having with SubCentral? (post 502)
    :D
    Sam

Hello,

However, I have a problem using SubCentral.
    Using MyTVSeries, whenever I want to play a video, SubCentral checks if there are subtitles present. If not, an automated search start immediately after witch I choose the correct subtitle file and the video starts playing.
    At this moment, there is almost no info in the MPDisplay ++ screen, no cover, no time elapsing, no series.
    The background is correct and the name of the episode (and date and time on the top).

If I stop the video and play it again, everything is correct.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Greetings and thanks for this great plugin,
    Sam

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

No you are not. But at this time there is no solution for this Problem. I get sometimes the same Problem with Moving Pictures/TVSeries. It's why the Playing Screens since MP1.2 are always WinID2005.
    All Labels and Images are generated to the last active MP WinID. If there is a special WinID between the VideoMenu (e.g. 9877 for TV Series) and the Playing Screen (2005) the Used WinID is the one that came between Menu and PlayingScreen.

Cheers,
    Richy

christix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2008
    Skepplanda
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: MPDisplay++ - Extended Display/Touchscreen Plugin

Hi andraves,

as far as I can see the dvd format is not correct... Message says: Input string was not in a correct format.

Code:
    2012-01-24 08:49:16.852086 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Exception   :System.FormatException: [B][U][I]Inndatastrengen hadde ugyldig format.[/I][/U][/B]
       ved System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
       ved System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
       ved System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
       ved MPPlugin.MPDPlugin.GUIPropertyManager_OnPropertyChanged(String tag, String tagValue)
       ved MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIPropertyManager.OnPropertyChangedHandler.Invoke(String tag, String tagValue)
       ved MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty(String tag, String tagvalue)
       ved MediaPortalApp.OnProcess()
       ved MediaPortal.D3DApp.Application_Idle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       ved

So this is more a general problem and not caused by MPD++. I had also some DVD's on my HDD that didn't worked with the same error message. I can't play them also on a Computer without MPD++.

Greets,
    Richy
    Hi Richy.

Thanks for answer.

What is still strange is that I can play those movies just fine when I disable MPD++. I've never had any problem with them in MediaPortal. The problem first occurred when I installed MPD++. And again, if I disables MPD++ they plays fine.

Best Regards
    A

Hi andraves,

This issue is caused by MPDisplay (sort of) it seems some plugins/players send text in the percentage value in some cases and there is no logic in the code to handle this, not sure why there is text being sent I assume it will be the percentage property tag eg: '#percentage' , but I have put in a workaround for the next release, unfortunatly I am in the middle of some massive features so am unable to submit a patch right now :(

Cheers for logs guys :)

Sa

Hi!
    Would it be an owerwhelming task to produce a Fix for the DVD issue. I saw in the Mantis that next version are a couple of months
    away, and it's realy frustrating.....Just asking. I'm very greateful for all your time and skillnes, and I am aware that this is a very big mission (MPDISPLAY++) but why not ask?

Greets//Christer

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

We need three volunteers from the English area that would like to test the new plugin.
    Since we have made ​​many great changes we want to test the plugin before next release with a larger number of computers and other plug-ins installed.

All you need is a computer with installed MediaPortal. A second screen is not needed because the window is displayed next to MP on the main monitor (MP in window mode).

If you are interested, just send me a PM. Those of you who will be chosen will get Message by me on Monday (if, of course, enough people had reported). I’ll give you than information on how to proceed.

Your "enrollment" should include:
    • MediaPortal Version
    • Used Plugins
    • Operating system

- Hardware:

o CPU
    o Graphics Card
    o memory
    o If you use a second screen (Connection; VGA / USB / ...)

As I said. Currently the prior is the basic functionality and interaction with other plugins. The extension to the second monitor actually comes later, as the current GUI only runs in windowed mode.

christix:
    Sorry, but we won't apply a patch for this. :( But you can disable this Screen within WindowManager. Just remove the digit after isDVD in the lower part of the opened file.

Cheers,
    Richy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom