MPDisplay++ - Extended Display/Touchscreen Plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey diskeeper , Richy.

Running Win 7x64 and now it works :)
    Richys hint did it :)
    My Display has a resolution of 1024x768 = 4/3.
    Now i have configured MPD++ to manual and aspect ratio to 16/9 and bingo :)

Maybe diskeeper could add an warning to the setup if aspect ratio is set to 4/3 or just add 4/3 ;)

thx
    pOpY

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Where does the STMP skin get it's CPU / TEMP and Fan Speed info from?
    It is showing no readings for me.

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

just a small Information.
    We are now also present at Facebook.
    I'll try to post the actual News on the Progress we make.

Cheers,
    Richy

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hello, thanks for providing this great plug-in. I have just read through all 56 pages of the thread, and have a couple of questions if that's okay?

I am running MediaPortal 1.2.3 with Avalon skin, and my second monitor is a Lilliput 7 inch USB, resolution of 800 x 480, landscape orientation. I sit about 8 feet away from this and the font size on all the MPDisplay skins is just a little too small to read comfortably from the sofa.

Are there plans for a new skin that is designed specifically for these size monitors, or can I configure the font size myself? I understand it involves editing xml files, which I haven't done before, but I am happy to have a go if you could maybe give me some pointers?

Also, does the plug-in now provide details of active tv recordings, eg how many current recordings are active, time left etc?

Thanks again

lisa

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We only develop in Screen size 1280x720 and 1024x768. If you have other resolutions the GUI will scale them down or up.

You can change the Skinsize by yourself. If you need a general Information of the entry's within the xml's you should take a look into our FAQ.
    If there is not enougth information you can also write us in our forum for skin regarding questions (If we do this here, the threat could grow to much and will be certainly confusing sometimes).

No. There is no screen that displays how many recordings are active, etc.. May be we can check for this in future.

Cheers,
    Richy

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi Richy,

Thanks for the reply, I am just having a go at editing a skin now, it's going quite well :)

I have a couple of questions, I joined the other forum that you linked to, but either I am being very dense, or it is closed to new posts?

The questions I have are...

1. In tv playback the lapsed time is only updated once a minute, is it possible to have it updating in real time?

2. In Video playback rather than have the time remaining showing (which changes dynamically) is it possible to have the total track time showing as a constant instead?

3. I can't work out how to change the background image on the screen that shows when MediaPortal is on the 'recorded tv' screen (where all tv recordings are listed). It currently shows the latest fan art that was displayed in Moving Pictures.

Many thanks

lisa

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Normally it's not. Here it is working. What Browser do you use, so I can check...

1. You mean the Progress Bar? I think it's not possible. The plugin is receiving the Percentage Tag with every new percent. There is no way to increase the update time.

2. Should be the Tag: #Play.Current.Runtime Remember to add this to the Propertymanager.xml. For other Tags take a look HERE.

3. You can change this in General Section.
    <entry name="BackgroundImage"></entry> <!-- Everything you want. Can be left empty. -->
    <entry name="BackgroundImageDefault">splashscreen.png</entry> <!-- This Picture will be displayed if no Background Image can be loaded. -->
    In Version 0.7 we still got some problems with fanarts, so it is "normal" that the last Fanart of TVSeries or MovingPictures is displayed. Just remove the fanart tag and put your own picture instead.

Hope I was able to help.

Cheers,
    Richy

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi Richy,

Thanks very much for all your help so far, the skin editing is going very well, and I am loving MPDiplay++ now I have worked out how configurable it all is (y)

I have a few more questions / issues for you if that's okay...

1. I can't work out how I get the Screensaver screen to kick in? I have MediaPortal screensaver set to go to black screen after 120 seconds of being idle, but MPDiplay++ doesn't change, it just stays on the screen it is on. Is there some way to link these?

2. I can't get any data returned from #Play.Current.Runtime or from any of the current recording tags such as #TV.Record.title or #TV.Record.channel or #TV.Record.stop Is that a problem with my system do you think or a known issue?

3. I have used an MP.dll plug in with a VirtualLCD.dll for LCD Smartie before to do a similar thing. Although MPDisplay++ has far more possibilities. But, the LCD Smartie plug in used Wi-Fi Remore and MPExtended to get more data returned from MediaPortal, such as the number of active recordings and more tv recording information. Is this something you would consider implementing in the future?

Thanks again for a great program!

lisa

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom