Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MPDisplay++ - Extended Display/Touchscreen Plugin

A Second GUI For MediaPortal For Multiple External Monitors/Touchscreens/PC's.​

Introduction
    MPDisplay++ is a WCF server/client based display solution for MediaPortal, With MPDisplay++ you can display any Mediaportal information from your HTPC to any other attached screen's or any PC's anywhere*.​
    MPDisplay++ has an independent skin engine so you can customize the way you want it. MPDisplay++ is basically a second GUI for MP.​
    You can connect as may MPDisplay++ UI's to the plugin as you want.​
    *You can use MPDisplay++ on any attached Monitor/Touchscreen on your HTPC, Also you can install MPDisplay++ on other PC's on your LAN or over the Internet to control MediaPortal. For over internet use the correct MPDisplay++ networks ports must be available for external connections (default port: 44444)
    Screen Shots:
    default Skin​
    ClassicHome default.jpg Movies default.jpg Movie Playing default.jpg Music default.jpg Music Playing default.jpg
    Avalon Skin​
    ClassicHome.jpg EPG.jpg Remote.jpg Weather.jpg Music.jpg Music Playing.jpg Series.jpg Series Playing.jpg
    Feature list:
    - Homescreen​
    - Basic Homescreen​
    - Video Playing screens​
    - Music Playing screen with Equalizer display​
    - TV Playing Screen​
    - Fully usable listcontrol of every menu within MP (Touch/Mouse only)​
    - Remote Touch control(Touch/Mouse only)​
    - and the Best: Fully customizable!!​
    Development Status
    Current Version - 0.8.0.2
    Project Website - MPDisplay++ Website
    Bugtracker - MPDisplay++ Bugtracker
    Requirements
    Requires MediaPortal 1.2.1 - 1.3 Alpha​
    Secondary Display/Touchscreen​
    Microsoft .NET 4.0​
    WorldWeather for Weather display​
    FAQ's:can be found here: MPDisplay++ FAQ's
    Author(s)
    Team MPD
    Plugin Developers: Sa_ddam213(Lead Developer), Gdl(Developer), Unople(Developer)​
    Skin Developers: Wondermusic​
    Test Group: mrbonsen, pur_berger, diskeeper, hapklaar, christix, kleinerflo, powermarcel10​
    Kown Issues / MP Plugins
    There are no known issues in conjunction with other plug-ins. However, MPD++ will not support all MP- plug-ins.​
    The supported extensions are:​
    - Moving Pictures​
    - TV Series​
    - mvCentral​
    - MyAnime3​
    - WorldWeather​
    - OnlineVideos​
    - RadioTime​
    - FitzBox Manager (only for testing in both default skins)​

Release Roadmap
    Alpha: Basic API/GUI functionality/Testing​
    Beta: Feature/Requests, Advanced GUI functionality​
    Final: Performance/Graphics etc.​
    If you find an error/bug please check the RoadMap.txt to see if it's a known issue.
    If not please submit the issue to the bugtracker, If you unsure if it's a bug just post in this thread

SKINUPDATE
    Now you can Download updated Skinfiles HERE. Files will be overwriten. An Uninstall is not neccessary. Last Update: 05.07.2012
    Skin Mods
    Selfmade Skins and Mods of our Users can be found HERE.​
    - STMP Skin of diskeeper (Update: 08.08.2012)​

Last edited:

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Guys,

For all users of 0.7.0.0 make sure you uninstall the old version of MPDisplay++ and check all files are removed correctly before installing version 0.8.0.0.
    There is a known issue with the uninstaller of 0.7.0.0 that may leave some files remaining in some cases.

Enjoy the new version guys :)

Sa_ddam213

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for doing such a great job Sa_ddam213 and all other members..
    This new version is a lot better than the previous version, wich was also great.. Great progress made so far!

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi to all,

I have a problem with the position of the MPDisplay++ window.
    In the config-menu my touchscreen is detected correctly as "\\DISPLAY3 (800x600)" at X-Offset=616, Y-Offset=1080 and 4:3 aspect ratio.
    So far this is all correct as it is exactly what is shown by Windows in the screen-manager.

But when I start MP the MPDisplay is totally offset and partly inside the MP-screen :(

I do have 2 graphics-cards and 3 displays attached:

#1 Display is the one where MP runs on a dedicated graphics card and is the lowermost one in the scrren manager with 1920x1080 resolution (X-Offset -40, Y-Offset 1680)

#2 Display is the primary display (uppermost) where the Windows desktop runs (on a separate graphics-card) with also 1920x1080 resolution

#3 Display is the touchsreen in the middle for MPDisplay++ with 800x600 resolutin running on the same graphics card as #2 Display.

The MPDisplay++ logs and the XML-File are attached.

BTW: It worked correctly with 0.7.0.0.

Kind regards

Roger

Attachments

• MP2Display.rar
      7.1 KB
    Last edited:

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi to all,

I have a problem with the position of the MPDisplay++ window.
    In the config-menu my touchscreen is detected correctly as "\\DISPLAY3 (800x600)" at X-Offset=616, Y-Offset=1080 and 4:3 aspect ratio.
    So far this is all correct as it is exactly what is shown by Windows in the screen-manager.

But when I start MP the MPDisplay is totally offset and partly inside the MP-screen :(

I do have 2 graphics-cards and 3 displays attached:

#1 Display is the one where MP runs on a dedicated graphics card and is the lowermost one in the scrren manager with 1920x1080 resolution (X-Offset -40, Y-Offset 1680)

#2 Display is the primary display (uppermost) where the Windows desktop runs (on a separate graphics-card) with also 1920x1080 resolution

#3 Display is the touchsreen in the middle for MPDisplay++ with 800x600 resolutin running on the same graphics card as #2 Display.

The MPDisplay++ logs and the XML-File are attached.

BTW: It worked correctly with 0.7.0.0.

Kind regards

Roger

hey rogerleifert,

You seem to have you Resolution set to custom(<entry name="CustomResolution">True</entry>), in this situation the offsets you enter in the config are added/subtracted from the actual screen offsets.

Try setting the resolution to "Automatic" or set the custom offsets to 0.

Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Cheers
    Sa

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey rogerleifert,

You seem to have you Resolution set to custom(<entry name="CustomResolution">True</entry>), in this situation the offsets you enter in the config are added/subtracted from the actual screen offsets.

Cheers
    Sa

Hi Sa,

put it back to "Automatic".

MPDisplay-screen still stretches over Display#1 and #3.

New logs and xml attached.

Kind regards

Roger

Attachments

• MP2Display.rar
      9.3 KB

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hey rogerleifert,

Cheers
    Sa

Hi Sa,

Kind regards

Roger

Hi Rodger,

It seems that it is not detecting the offsets correctly, are you able to send a screenshot of your windows display manager so I can setup 3 screens the same and try and replicate. and if possible a screenshot of the overlap

In the mean time you should be able to edit the offsets in the xml directly untill I sort out a fix.

I think these are the values you need
    <entry name="ScreenOffSetX">0</entry>?
    <entry name="ScreenOffSetY">1080</entry> top display height

Sorry for the hassle :(

Cheers
    Sa

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hey rogerleifert,

Cheers
    Sa

Hi Sa,

Kind regards

Roger

Hi Rodger,

It seems that it is not detecting the offsets correctly, are you able to send a screenshot of your windows display manager so I can setup 3 screens the same and try and replicate. and if possible a screenshot of the overlap

In the mean time you should be able to edit the offsets in the xml directly untill I sort out a fix.

Cheers
    Sa

Short question - did you check also in MP Plugininstaller if your old MPDisplay version is gone? When I tested it I had also some issues until I found that removing it over Windows programs doesn't completeley remove the old installation. So I would suggest to remove it completely over Pluginmanager and Windows Programs and reinstall it.

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hey rogerleifert,

Cheers
    Sa

Hi Sa,

Kind regards

Roger

Hi Rodger,

I am unable to replicate this issue using 3,4,5 displays connected, even in the exact same setup you described.

I will load up a XP VM tonight and check if it is a XP issue as I have had much trouble in the past with displays in XP.

Cheers,
    Sa

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sa,

Hi Rodger,

Cheers
    Sa

Short question - did you check also in MP Plugininstaller if your old MPDisplay version is gone? When I tested it I had also some issues until I found that removing it over Windows programs doesn't completeley remove the old installation. So I would suggest to remove it completely over Pluginmanager and Windows Programs and reinstall it.

Attached are a screenshot of the Windows screen manager (with the touchscreen for MPDisplay++ highlighted) and of the whole desktop where you can see the wrong placement of the MPDisplay++ screen.

I initially forgot to uninstall the 0.7.0.0 version from the windows software.
    So I uninstalled 0.8.0.0 and all remains of 0.7.0.0, manually deleted all 0.7.0.0 files and reinstalled 0.8.0.0 again.
    Same behaviour as before.

I do have non-standard dpi-settings for my screen (120 dpi, large fonts)
    Could it have something to do with that???

Kind regards

Roger

Attachments

• Zwischenablage01.jpg
      Zwischenablage01.jpg
      440.1 KB
    • Zwischenablage02.jpg
      Zwischenablage02.jpg
      53.1 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread