Not open for further replies.

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Short question - did you check also in MP Plugininstaller if your old MPDisplay version is gone? When I tested it I had also some issues until I found that removing it over Windows programs doesn't completeley remove the old installation. So I would suggest to remove it completely over Pluginmanager and Windows Programs and reinstall it.

Attached are a screenshot of the Windows screen manager (with the touchscreen for MPDisplay++ highlighted) and of the whole desktop where you can see the wrong placement of the MPDisplay++ screen.

I initially forgot to uninstall the 0.7.0.0 version from the windows software.
    So I uninstalled 0.8.0.0 and all remains of 0.7.0.0, manually deleted all 0.7.0.0 files and reinstalled 0.8.0.0 again.
    Same behaviour as before.

I do have non-standard dpi-settings for my screen (120 dpi, large fonts)
    Could it have something to do with that???

Kind regards

Roger

Hi Rodger,

You were spot on about the DPI :) , This never affected winforms but it does WPF.

Attached is a patch if you would like to test, if it works for you I will add to the first post for custom DPI users.

Cheers
    Sa

Last edited:

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Rodger,

You were spot on about the DPI :) , This never affected winforms but it does WPF.

Attached is a patch if you would like to test, if it works for you I will add to the first post for custom DPI users.

Cheers
    Sa

Hi Sa,

The patch crashes MPDispaly++WPF during MP start :(

Logs attached

Kind regards

Roger

Attachments

• MP2Display.rar
      4.4 KB

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Rodger,

Cheers
    Sa

Hi Sa,

The patch crashes MPDispaly++WPF during MP start :(

Logs attached

Kind regards

Roger

Hi Rodger,

Looks like I sent thre wrong file :confused: (the one I gave you is from March, lol)

Try this one, :)

Cheers
    Sa

Last edited:

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Rodger,

Looks like I sent thre wrong file :confused: (the one I gave you is from March, lol)

Cheers
    Sa

We're coming closer.
    Positioning of the MPDisplay++ screen now seems correct, but it seems to be stretched outside the available 800x600 pixels and one corner is cut out :(

See the attached screenshot.

Kind regards

Roger

Attachments

• Zwischenablage03.jpg
      Zwischenablage03.jpg
      491 KB

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Rodger,

Cheers
    Sa

We're coming closer.
    Positioning of the MPDisplay++ screen now seems correct, but it seems to be stretched outside the available 800x600 pixels and one corner is cut out :(

See the attached screenshot.

Kind regards

Roger

Hey Rogerleifert,

Opps forgot to scale width and height. This one should work now.

Thanks for you for testing these fixes :)

Cheers
    Sa

Attachments

• MPDisplay++.rar
      2.7 MB

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Katharsis

Portal Member
    November 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

MPDisplay Config does not open after install. Something is short flashing up in the notification tray (right side) in the taskbar and thats all.
    I think i uninstalled the old MPDisplay the right way and checked the folder for remaining parts. Which folders do i have to check exactly/delete?
    Need help plz...

Regards
    Katharsis

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi,

MPDisplay Config does not open after install. Something is short flashing up in the notification tray (right side) in the taskbar and thats all.
    I think i uninstalled the old MPDisplay the right way and checked the folder for remaining parts. Which folders do i have to check exactly/delete?
    Need help plz...

Regards
    Katharsis

Hi Katharsis,

The old version being installed will not cause the config to fail, it must be something else.

Maybe try as admin. or Try opening the config from the Mediaportal plugin section.

What OS are you using? What install option did you choose?

Is there anything in you system eventlogs? (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\EventViewer, WindowsLogs > Application)

Cheers
    Sa

Katharsis

Portal Member
    November 4, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I´m using Mediaportal 1.2.2.0 with Win7 Ultimate-64 latest Updates and in Setup_MPDisplay++_0.8.0.0.exe i choosed the default settings.
    It seems there is something wrong with ForTheRecord connecting to something in EventViewer (see Screenshots). I don´t know if this has to do with.
    Mpdisplay is running in Background when Mediaportal is open but at wrong orientation because i can´t setup. I see that because, if MP is closing, Mpdisplay runs a little bit longer and then shuts.

Regards
    Katharsis

Attachments

• Ereignissanzeige.png
      Ereignissanzeige.png
      128.1 KB
    • Ereignissanzeige.txt
      6.7 KB

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I´m using Mediaportal 1.2.2.0 with Win7 Ultimate-64 latest Updates and in Setup_MPDisplay++_0.8.0.0.exe i choosed the default settings.
    It seems there is something wrong with ForTheRecord connecting to something in EventViewer (see Screenshots). I don´t know if this has to do with.
    Mpdisplay is running in Background when Mediaportal is open but at wrong orientation because i can´t setup. I see that because, if MP is closing, Mpdisplay runs a little bit longer and then shuts.

Regards
    Katharsis

Hi Katharsis,

It sound like you do not have the required security permissions to open MPDisplayConfig.
    Because you can interact with the server (Restart etc) you need Administrator privilages.

check (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\EventViewer, WindowsLogs > System) for ServiceController enties
    Check "ControlPanel > Administrative Tools > Services" and see if you can start/stop "MPDisplayServer"
    If you cant you need to elevate you users account privileges

Cheers,
    Sa

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom