Not open for further replies.

sa_ddam213

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2009
    Canterbury
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, i've installed this plugin, because i liked the idea of having a secondary GUI, but i cant get the menu to work "on it's own", what ever i do inside MPDISPLAY also happens inside mediaportal, for instance i would like to browse the tv program guide on the secondary monitor with MPDisplay, while still watching a TV program or a movie inside MediaPortal. But if i do anything like switch to TV guide in MPDisplay, Mediaportal also changes to that menu.
    Is this "by design" or should i be able to watch a movie on my main screen, while checking the weather guide on MPDisplay? I don't really se the use of the plugin if that's not possible, unless of course you need a way to control Mediaportal, but i have plenty of remotes and wireless keyboards and touchpads for that.. :)

Hi Judge,

The Skin is 100% customizable, so you can implement any layout you want :)

You could simply add a button to show the EPG window or weather, But feel free to log a feature requst for these options because they do sound handy :)

You can find som skinning documentaion on our website http://mpdisplay2.de/index.php/en/faqs/skinner-s-faq

Cheers
    Sa_ddam213

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Wondermusic,

thanks! I posted it here because the problem was there also with the stable version.. But thanks anyway.. :)

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I recently upgraded to version 8.0 (deleting the files left behind after uninstalling 7.0 - When using TV Series, when an episode I was watching finished, the menu screens would hang for 30 seconds or more, before I would get the popup dialog box to rate the episode and to be able to continue navigating around Media Portal.

I tried using a couple of skins but got the same issue.
    I removed version 8.0 and installed 7.0 again and the problem has gone away.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok - I attach some logs - as I also experiance some MP-Crashes since the new version. Sometimes it just dispalys "Mediaportal has stopped working) - but contineud to work - sometime it realy stopps.

Hi pur_burger,

There is no errors in the MPDisplayPlugin logs and no MP error log at all?????
    The MPDisplay GUI and server have no interaction with MP so they cannot cause MP to crash and since the plugin is in alpha stage everything is logged, so this is strange indeed.

Are you able to check you windows "Eventviewer" logs to see if you can find any error to do with MPDisplayPlugin or MP.

Cheers,
    Sa

The only entry I see is this:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: MediaPortal.exe, Version: 1.2.3.0, Zeitstempel: 0x4f844ede
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: USER32.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.17514, Zeitstempel: 0x4ce7ba59
    Ausnahmecode: 0xc00000fd
    Fehleroffset: 0x0001613f
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x%9
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x%10
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: %11
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: %12
    Berichtskennung: %13
    Fehlerbucket , Typ 0
    Ereignisname: APPCRASH
    Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
    CAB-Datei-ID: 0
    Problemsignatur:
    P1: MediaPortal.exe
    P2: 1.2.3.0
    P3: 4f844ede
    P4: USER32.dll
    P5: 6.1.7601.17514
    P6: 4ce7ba59
    P7: c00000fd
    P8: 0001613f
    P9:
    P10:
    Angefügte Dateien:
    F:\TEMP\WER3B0C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
    C:\Users\boss\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_MediaPortal.exe_792d9fabb842c484af3fd6feb9c5de99adbc1b2_1ae44c1c
    Analysesymbol:
    Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
    Berichts-ID: c5c573ce-ba4b-11e1-9e61-f46d04d6808e
    Berichtstatus: 65

I have the feeling that it is related to the DisplayLink Adapter - the question is - why now?

Bratpitt

Portal Member
    July 8, 2006
    I have reinstalled my htpc from scratch, and now searching for touchscreen plugin, and everywhere it seams to point to MPDisplay++ thats is the answear. Have installed it and dont get it, like my old touch plugin.

I have 1 touchscreen 1 projector attached to my htpc (physical cloned, vga splitter)
    Now all i want is to be able to press choises on screen without the mouse pops up and start the selection to scroll..

Used to install a touch plugin and it was solved. Now i dont know what to do?
    Someone guide me please..

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have reinstalled my htpc from scratch, and now searching for touchscreen plugin, and everywhere it seams to point to MPDisplay++ thats is the answear. Have installed it and dont get it, like my old touch plugin.

Which Plugin did you used before?

I have 1 touchscreen 1 projector attached to my htpc (physical cloned, vga splitter)
    Now all i want is to be able to press choises on screen without the mouse pops up and start the selection to scroll..

I don't understand exactly what you mean... The two devices are physical cloned? You mean you see on both screens the same picture? In this case I have to tell you that MPDisplay++ is not working in this way. You have to extend the Display. MP on Primary Display and MPD++ on second Display. If you can change your configuration in this way just report back.

Cheers,
    Richy

Bratpitt

Portal Member
    July 8, 2006
    I can’t remember witch one it was, and everything seems to be old in beta or archived.
    I remember it removed mouse pointer, and annoying scrolling in home menu and you could add gestures as shortcuts.
    Prohabs i have to get newer grafic card so i can have two screens and MPDisplay++ then to solve it better.
    I use this to connect both projector and touch screen to same port as it is now.
    images.jpg

I post clip to illustrate the problem annoying problem. Pressing little too far down it starts to scroll.
    http://www.lindell.it/tmp/clip.mp4
    Cheers

Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok. I think MPD++ is not what you are looking for as you mentioned a function of adding gestures and shortcuts. MPD++ can't handle this...
    MPD++ is working as a sort of Information screen for MediaPortal, not showing exactly the same picture as the main screen.

Here is a smal video what MPD++ is:

On the left window is the MPD++ Screen...

Cheers,
    Richy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom