Wondermusic

Retired Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MPDisplay++ - Extended Display/Touchscreen Plugin
    A Second GUI For MediaPortal For Multiple External Monitors/Touchscreens/PC's.​

Introduction
    MPDisplay++ is a WCF server/client based display solution for MediaPortal, With MPDisplay++ you can display any Mediaportal information from your HTPC to any other attached screen's or any PC's anywhere*.
    MPDisplay++ has an independent skin engine so you can customize the way you want it. MPDisplay++ is basically a second GUI for MP. You can connect as may MPDisplay++ UI's to the plugin as you want.
    *You can use MPDisplay++ on any attached Monitor/Touchscreen on your HTPC, Also you can install MPDisplay++ on other PC's on your LAN or over the Internet to control MediaPortal. For over internet use the correct MPDisplay++ networks ports must be available for external connections (default port: 44444)

Screen Shots:
    BasicHome_Default.jpg BasicHome_Extended.jpg MovingPictures.jpg Music.jpg Music_Playing.jpgTVSeries.jpg WorldWeather.jpg

Feature list:
    - Homescreen
    - Basic Homescreen
    - Video Playing screens
    - Music Playing screen with Equalizer display
    - TV Playing Screen
    - Fully usable listcontrol of every menu within MP (Touch/Mouse only)
    - Remote Touch control(Touch/Mouse only)
    - and the Best: Fully customizable!!

Development Status
    Current Version - 0.9.5.0
    Project Website - MPDisplay++ Website
    Bugtracker - MPDisplay++ Bugtracker

Requirements
    Requires MediaPortal - 1.4 - 1.6
    Secondary Display/Touchscreen (When using an Android Tablet, try "iDisplay")
    Microsoft .NET 4.5
    WorldWeather for Weather display
    InfoService for RSS Feeds

FAQ's:can be found here: MPDisplay++ FAQ's

Author(s)
    Team MPD

Plugin Developers: Sa_ddam213(Lead Developer), uNople(Developer)
    Skin Developers: Wondermusic
    Test Group: mrbonsen, pur_berger, diskeeper, hapklaar, christix, kleinerflo, powermarcel10

Kown Issues / MP Plugins
    There are no known issues in conjunction with other plug-ins. However, MPD++ will not support all MP- plug-ins.
    The supported extensions are:
    - Moving Pictures
    - TV Series
    - mvCentral
    - MyAnime3
    - WorldWeather
    - OnlineVideos
    - RadioTime
    - Fitz!Box Manager
    - UpdateControl
    - ExtensionManager
    - myEmulators2
    - WebBrowser

Release Roadmap
    Alpha: Basic API/GUI functionality/Testing
    Beta: Feature/Requests, Advanced GUI functionality
    Final: Performance/Graphics etc.
    If you find an error/bug please check the RoadMap.txt to see if it's a known issue.
    If not please submit the issue to the bugtracker, If you unsure if it's a bug just post in this thread

Skin Mods:
    StreamedMP Mod by diskeeper: Screenshots, Download
    Essential Titanium Mod by powermarcel10: Screenshots, Download

Skin Updates:
    Titan Widescreen & Titan - updated on 27.12.2013 (Download)
    Avallanche Skin (23.08.2014) - DOWNLOAD

Donations:
    Bitcoin: 1Ji8QzPJ6JPKccAJexLDbqG4bZXizmVErQ
    Litecoin: LTajuFRnCLSarTFXL329imAD8Lk5TpsEaz
    PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...63663d3faee8def8934b92a630e40b7fef61ab7e9fe63

DOWNLOAD:
    Plugin
    Fix for MP1.8 Final

ATTENTION PLEASE
    If you have any questions about Skinning, please leave your questions in our Forum. This helps to keep this threat fairly clear.

Skinning questions

Last edited:

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello together,

finally here it is!!!
    The new Version is online and you will find it HERE.

Here are a few more info's.

For now there will be only the accompanying skin Titan as 4x3 and 16x9 version , as well as the MPDisplay own skin " Essential" .
    Furthermore, I will publish in the next few days the StreamedMP skin , but only in a stripped-down version ( without various plugins that I do not use by myself) .
    I had in the meantime also PureVisionHD , Avalon and the default skin started out as a "backbone" but due to less time I’m not able to finish them. You can download this not finished versions from our GIT repository and complete itself with the new SkinEditor . A detailed description of the editor, I will also publish in the coming days / weeks (depending on time) in the MediaPortal WIKI .

For Titan skin :
    Due to the pictures in the Extended menu , and background images ...
    This you have to rename by yourself, e.g. You look into your Extended menu in the Titan skin editor , as you have named the individual menu items and change the name accordingly in the following two folders too .

- C: \ Program Data \ MPDisplay + + \ Skin \ titanium -WS \ Images \ Basic Home Images
    - C: \ Program Data \ MPDisplay + + \ Skin \ titanium -WS \ Images \ Basic Home Images \ Hovers

Example: In the Titan Skin Editor you have a menu item "Films" is entered . Then, the respective images must be renamed according to the above folders

C: \ ProgramData \ MPDisplay + + \ Skin \ titanium -WS \ Images \ Basic Home Images \ Movies.png
    will be
    C: \ ProgramData \ MPDisplay + + \ Skin \ titanium -WS \ Images \ Basic Home Images \ Films.png

and

C: \ ProgramData \ MPDisplay + + \ Skin \ titanium -WS \ Images \ Basic Home Images \ Hovers \ Videos.jpg
    will be
    C: \ ProgramData \ MPDisplay + + \ Skin \ titanium -WS \ Images \ Basic Home Images \ Hovers \ Films.jpg

I hope we find a better solution for the next version!

Cheers,
    Richy

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    few issue, for me,
    i don't have external screen, it's only for test.
    - bad load with the home screen.
    MPdisplay Gui, end starting before MP, So if my home screen is set on "Home Screen" at startup, MPD show "Basic Home screen" and should be reconnected for display the good interface.
    - error message are not displayed correctly in Dialog popup (ex : Channel not available )

i'm not expert, and i think ( and hope) than users with external screen, give feedback for the stability. ;)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, thanks very much for this, so far it looks very nice.

I do have a question, which is a bit of a skinners question really but it's this:

When a video is playing, is there a way (or a tag) that I can use to have the total duration time of the video displaying in the bottom right corner.
    Currently in the skin file Moving PicturesPlaying the tag #currentremaining is used which dynamically counts down how long is left to play of the video.
    Is there an alternate tag I could use which will just display the fixed length of time of the video,
    I tried things like #currentduration and #Play.Current.Duration but got no results.

Thanks!

lisa

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lisa,
    Did you add one of the two tags to the property xml? Mpd++ will only display tags, that are within the above mentioned xml.

Use the tag editor in the property window of the skin editor to add one of these tags.

Cheers,
    Richy

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi Lisa,
    Did you add one of the two tags to the property xml? Mpd++ will only display tags, that are within the above mentioned xml.

Use the tag editor in the property window of the skin editor to add one of these tags.

Cheers,
    Richy

Thanks for the superfast reply, that sounds easy(ish) is there a list somewhere of which tags are available, because I just made those up (using logic) or do you know whether #Play.Current.Duration is a valid thing?

Wondermusic

• Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wuppertal
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just take a look into the mp wiki. There are all available tags.
    I'm not at home right now, so I can't give you the link.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Just take a look into the mp wiki. There are all available tags.
    I'm not at home right now, so I can't give you the link.

Thanks, I did try that but got lost. I'll try harder!

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Still trying to fathom out the skin issue, but that aside, I may have found a bug..

When going into MP-TV Series and starting to playback a file, on the first attempt the Series name and episode name do not load on Mp Display++ (just a blank space). If I stop the file and then play it again, this data is loaded.

Logs attached

EDIT: This issue only seems present with the skin Titan-WS 'default'.
    I've switched to Titan-WS 'blue' and it seems to work correctly (and a bit quicker).

Thanks for all the work on this everyone, I am enjoying playing with it (y)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom