[Info] MPExtended 0.6 Beta Release (4 Viewers)

SiggiK

Portal Member
September 26, 2009
Karlsruhe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
I recently installed lhe latest version of MPExtended on my Server/Client (Win 10, MP 1.16 Pre). After the installation process, I directly started the configuration (workes fine). After saving the setting and entering MPExtended.Applications.ServiceConfigurator again, a fatal error occured and stopped the configurator (see ServiceConfigurator.log). As nobody else refers to such a fatal error it might be a problem with my PC. Otherwise, the program askes for "MPExtended.Services.UserSessionService, Version=0.6.0.1" and the version of the corresponding file is 0.5.99.1.
Everything else workes fine. I just can`t reconfigure the settings.
Can anybody give me a hint?

Just for the fun, I wrote a UWP-App for myself.
Image.png

For seeking over HTTP I had to make adjustments to the direct transcoder, but I had the same problem. The "Common.Utils.dll" is missing when the service is reinstalled.
In the file "FileSystem.Wxs" I added a line 95
<File Source="$(var.MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.TargetDir)\Common.Utils.dll" />
Now the file is included in the installation package and will be installed.

SiggiK

Last edited:

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've noticed that when I request images from web media portal with time offsets the images are returned to me but there are always ffmepg processes left running on the server. I have to login manually to end the processes

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just for the fun, I wrote a UWP-App for myself.
View attachment 195724

For seeking over HTTP I had to make adjustments to the direct transcoder, but I had the same problem. The "Common.Utils.dll" is missing when the service is reinstalled.
In the file "FileSystem.Wxs" I added a line 95
<File Source="$(var.MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.TargetDir)\Common.Utils.dll" />
Now the file is included in the installation package and will be installed.

SiggiK
Can you please publish your adjustments to the streaming transcoder?

Anu

Portal Pro
July 1, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I swapped out the VLC binaries that me-extended comes with with the last of the 2.2 release branch. I have had much better performance than the 2.0.2 VLC binary that it ships with. For anyone interested, use this:

Index of /vlc/2.2.8/win32/

VLC3 works too but it includes the ATSC scene description audio in the main audio while streaming with the default profiles.

SiggiK

Portal Member
September 26, 2009
Karlsruhe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Can you please publish your adjustments to the streaming transcoder?

I like to attach a file. This is the difference (patch) to "GitHub - MPExtended/MPExtended: MediaPortal access from all over the world". I don't know if the project is still maintained to submit the patch directly.

Attachments

• SiggiK.diff
    17.2 KB

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you tell me step by step how to replace the files? I cannot use your .diff (not familiar with coding, github, compiling myself).
    I downloaded the current VLC .exe installer, extracted directly from the exe and replaced the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service\Streaming\vlc-2.0.2 with the files from vlc-3. This results in WebMP not playing the files anymore with a "stream not found" error.

Thanks a lot in advance!

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I like to attach a file. This is the difference (patch) to "GitHub - MPExtended/MPExtended: MediaPortal access from all over the world". I don't know if the project is still maintained to submit the patch directly.

Hi,

Did you use master branch or release_0.6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom