[Question] MPExtended on MP 1.4 Question (1 Viewer)

John0502

Portal Member
May 2, 2011
Home Country
Hi,

I am using MPExtended with Mediaportal 1.4.0. I access mediaportal from a Samsung S3 phone using aMPDroid.
When I watch TV from the phone it plays well and without issues. However, on the HTPC, the live TV always freezes after approx. 5 minutes after I start watching from the phone.

Important to note is that Mediaportal does not freeze, just the particular TV channel ( which is the same as what is being viewed ion the phone). When I change channel on the HTPC it changes fine and the new channel plays for another ~5 minutes before freezing.

I have set different codecs on the HTPC and tried different players (as well as the inbuilt one) on the phone (using the external player setting). None of these worked.

My question is, is this the expected behaviour of the HTPC (playing live TV with amPDroid running on a phone)?

I have attached some logs.

Attachments

• mpextended issue.zip
    3.5 MB

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If it works fine via MPE, and not locally on MP 1.4, then this really needs to be asked in that forum. But I am sure someone will take a peek at your logs (i dont know how to read them) and see if anything is amiss. But i will also ask in the MP main forum.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If I understand it correctly, you're watching the same channel/timeshifting both on your HTPC and phone?

John0502

Portal Member
    May 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I do watch the same TV channel on HTPC and the phone. I do occasionally watch different channels - seems to do the same thing, although I can re-check this.

John0502

Portal Member
    May 2, 2011
    Home Country
    I have tested the scenarios where I watch the same TV program on the HTPC and the phone, and when I watch different programs on the HTPC and phone (all simultaneously).

I can confirm that the HTPC program stops/freezes after some minutes when watching simultaneously the same program on the phone. I do not get any freezing when the programs are different and watching one on the HTPC and simultaneously watching another program on the phone.

I assume this is by design?

Anyway, it is not a bad issue since when it freezes on the HTPC, only the program freezes not MediaPortal - hence I can change the channel and watch it ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom