AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi metalla_nz,
    Thanks for the new dll & hopefully it will help you track down the issues.
    I will go through my pc games one by one, I will get a screen grab of the errors displayed, and anything I can find out that may help.
    I will start this tonight and continue towards the end of the week.
    I will then go into the platform adding, and emulators tab and see what I get bringing the emulators and pluggins in.

and ive uploaded my images folder, which I inckluded in the first download.... but you ma have missed it.

I missed that one. Thanks

Regards

Kev

ned_flanders

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2007
    Detmold
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi metalla_nz,

first of all I have to say a big thanks for your effort. This is a type of plugin I waited for about months. :D

Now to the concrete testing. I only tested your plugin with several emulators, because I don't have any pc games on my htpc.
    First thing that happened was a windows error every time I tried to add an emulator platform (either snes, nes and n64 emulator). I found out that this happens, when I don't set a platform logo. If I set one, every thing works fine.
    After that I tried to get details from the web with the scraper for my ROMs. Of course there weren't found details for all the ROMs. When I select a game with no matches found and click the "Confirm Match" button, I also get a windows error. Ok, that's nothing you would do normally, but for people trying the tool for the first time without knowing what to do, it might be better to give back a small advice saying that there where no matches for the selected game so you can't confirm any match. That would avoid confusion about a windows error advice.

Beside that, the tool works fine for me with ZSNES and FCEUltra. When launching a game for N64 emulator Project64, the emulator is started but then gives back a windows error advice that says something like "error at atempt to open file".

One nice little feature would be to be able to edit the settings for your added platforms within the "Platform Manager" tab. If you wanna change the directory of your ROMs, or the platform logo for one of your platforms, you have to delete it completely and readd it at the moment.

I have attached two .txts with the text of the two error messages and also the MPGames.log

Attachments

• adding_platform_ without_setting_ image.txt
      30.7 KB
    • scraper_with_no_ match_for_game_in_web_details.txt
      30.8 KB

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I'm really glad this plugin is coming along. Obviously early days yet, but the web scraper will make this the de-facto plugin for gaming imo.

jimmyo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Still hangs all the time, haven't been able to add a platform yet.

It mostly hangs when selecting Rom dir, sometimes directly after browsing the dir, sometimes after choosing extensions when pressing Add Selected button.
    Sometimes it hangs when selecting platform logo.

I have attached logs

/Jimmy

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Hi metalla_nz,

Not sure but looking at peoples system specs it seems that people with Vista rather than XP are having more issues. My system is running Vista 64 and having lots of issues with this.
    Even with the new .dll's it is crashing very randomly. The screen that tells you that the program has stopped working and needs to close pops up all the time. It is not specific to clicking on anything either? I even just opened the config panel and left it open. After a while, sure enough the window popped up and the program was closed.
    I have attached two text files that contain the crash info. Unfortunately I forgot to get the actual MPGames.log this morning :confused:
    I will post it as soon as I get home.

I brought, and installed, media portal and the games pluggin here to work with me (XP SP1 system). Installed media portal with default values etc. Put your pluggin into a folder with all the relevant files onto the desktop and ran it. No crashes. I don't have any games here so I though I would try launching a program. I also wanted to test Xpadder to see if the default profile got changed to the one I specified for the game, and that it aslo goes back to default on program exit.
    No problems it appears that Xpadder is getting the specified profile and then getting the default profile back and all is working ok.
    One thing I did notice is that you have put some notes around the config panels with some warnings. I have never seen those before as they are not displayed on my Vista x64 Media center?? (do any other Vista 64 users see them or is it just me?).

I was wondering if it was Vista causing the issues so i tried to run your Launcher as Administrator, made no difference. I then set the launcher to run as compatible with XP sp3, still crashing.

My thoughts are maybe things needed to be coded slightly different with Vista??? I am no coder so I have no idea.

I am going to un-install Media portal tonight and do a fresh install and then try again. I'm off the rest of the week (credit crunch) so I will have more time to test.

Will report back with more info as soon as I can.

Regards

Kev

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Hi metalla_nz,

Any updates? or anything specific that I can help with that may be causing issues?
    I have tried reinstalling MP 1 fresh. No pluggins installed and tried again, still no joy for me :(

Regards

Kev

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Good news for all looking at this. mettala_nz is still going to finish the pluggin but is very busy right now.

@ hulkhaugen
    What makes this better than "myEmulators"? not being rude, just curious...

Well my emulators is a great plugin and I have used it as well as MyprogramsAlt for around a year now. The main thing with most plugins is that they are generally focused on one area. To run games in MP can be problematic and on top of that actually loading profiles for a game pad can be too.
    Now this plugin will be sort of like moving pictures, with fanart and info for games. All types will be included too. Mp games, emulated games and pc games etc.
    All with a nice GUI for testing them out and sending arguments for profiles etc. It will be a fantastic solution for all the gamers out there, like myself, who LOVE pc gaming but also the emulated golden oldies etc.

Hope that helps

Regards

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom