MPGames Plugin (1 Viewer)

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008

Just so you know, Framug (MultiShortcut author) has made a feature letting you choose three different executions within MultiShortcut. This makes it possible to
1. Choose destination to your Game
2. Choose destination to your Xpadder Profile! :D

Now there is only one problem left there... thats to set the default Xpadder Profile when the game is ending! :)

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    PussyWagon

Just so you know, Framug (MultiShortcut author) has made a feature letting you choose three different executions within MultiShortcut. This makes it possible to
    1. Choose destination to your Game
    2. Choose destination to your Xpadder Profile!

That is great news, I was reading the Multi shortcut pluggin yesterday. I have personally not used it as I always used to use MyProgramsAlt and MyEmulators. It is Great news that Xpadder is being brought into configurations as it is a great little program to map your buttons etc, it has a huge list of configurable pads & joysticks etc.
    Good news for all those using multishortcut, bet they are all VERY happpy.
    Thanks for the heads up, although I feel that I will be waiting for this pluggin though :D

In fact, none of these have been updated for quite a while, so having those in an archive wouldn't kill someone. Also a PC good enough to play 720p movies can probably use all those emulators without any problems.

Yes they probably haven't been updated, and most machines will run them, but. The main issues are that people use different ones depending on there set up. LOTS of people have problems with graphics or sound and tend to use an emulator that works for them.
    I would have thought the best thing would be to just download the pluggin and maybe give them links to these emulators so they can try them for themselves???

The focus is probably to use the mounting of ISO's to enable you to easily play PSX games

Forgot about the PSX etc :oops:. I do agree that people tend to use cracked .exe files so that they don't have to use the original disc to play the game. That doesn't mean that it is pirated!!!!
    I was just curious as to why people may want to install the game and then have an ISO to mount to run it, bad way of doing things and very costly on HD space.

Really can't wait for this pluggin, it will make things nice and integrated at long last :D :D

Regards

Kev

PS whats going in the launch tab??

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The Launch tab is something i added for testing so I can run the games ive set-up on my db. I figured I'd keep it so as people fill their database the can test the settings (for example arguments to the emulators) without launching MP and going through all that.

Ive already added the code to detect when the application has ended so, you can change the Xpadder profile back automatically as well

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ahhhhh, good idea :D

That could be very useful indeed.

Was thinking of useful features last night and whilst I was watching tv and going through my music albums i noticed that the music can be easily navigated quickly by using the numbers on the remote like the numbers on a mobile phone ie each number is assigned 3 or 4 letters. That makes browsing my albums so much better as there are 1500 in there at the moment. I used to scroll through until I found the one i wanted, which was VERY tedious (until I realised about the number/letter function)

As emulators normally have lots of games for each one, maybe that could be implemented so that you can go to the relevant game quickly (instead of scrolling through all of them).

I do realise that this may not come at this stage but more at the skinning stage??

REALLY happy about Xpadder and what you have managed to do with that :D

Cant wait to test and get it all working :D

Regards

Kev

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey everyone. Had a hectic couple of weeks, but I'm back on this as of today. Im re-working the db so it runs faster, and requires less other requirements.

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok, I have a config that I think is relatively stable.

NO GUI yet.

mention is made of Daemon tools and Xpadder, but as yet the plugin does not load either, working on that right now...

The scraper is active, but as yet only returns matches, and doesnt save the data to the game info yet.

THIS IS A TEASER

Im hoping you guys can get it to crash and bring up any bugs... And suggestions/feature requests

It has been uploaded to google code

mpgames - Google Code

Try adding games both pc and emulated....

Try launching them... Im having trouble launching one game here.... See if you have some oddballs, so I can trace the bug.

Extract all files into a folder and run the launcher exe. This is to make it easier/faster to test but will work with the usual method if you want to drop the dll into the usual MP folder.

DB will be in c:\ for the time being until the plugin is stable.

I have included the few platform logo's I;ve made so far

EDIT/Update: Have added a new dll file to the downloads, for testing daemon tools and xpadder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom