MPGames Plugin (1 Viewer)

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
June 19, 2007
Hamilton
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi everyone.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I've had other priorities lately. Dont you hate when real life gets in the way.

Ive had a look at my code today to try and work out why everyone is getting this weird error. I dont ever get errors running this, but everyone else seems to, and its always at the same point. So i hunted high and low and came up with a possibility. Going on AISTUDIOS suggestion that it was related to vista possibly, led me to believe there might be a difference between .net 2 and .net 3.5, So that could cause the problem.

I have yet installed 3.5 here as Im low on download bandwidth till the 20th on our connection here. But there wa sone line of code where the plugin initialises a connection to the database, Its possible because of what was around this code that 3.5 wasnt running it and 2.0 was. So i moved it, and hopefully that may fix the issue.

As far as I can tell the program was tryiong to run an sql statement on a database connection that didnt exist.

So im building the code again now, and will upload.

If this fixes the issue all well and good, if not, let me know and throw me some more logs to try and locate it.

Ill try and get .net 3.5 installed here soon to see if I can replicate.

My code is a mess at this point, So while im still keen to get this plugin going, im going to take some time to refresh my code and tidy it up a bit, so that if all turns to custard down the line someone can carry on. (Not saying its going to happen)

As an aside, what I have been working on is a household alarm app which is managed via computer, and Im planning to put a gui for mediaportal in it as well.

Essentially its a kinda hack-y alarm. You run the program fulltime. It listens for keystrokes.
The alarm bit is an old keyboard i hacked apart. Keyboards work by shorting to pins on the driver chip, so you can utilise this by placing a sensor (PIR, reed switch etc.) on a line between two of the pins, hence when the sensor is tripped you essentially type a letter.

The program responds to this (when its armed) by setting of an alarm via relay attached to the scroll lock led which is turned on when the alarm is set off. Im adding plugins to it now, it currently talks when it gets a sensor trip, and when the alarm is going off, and wehn armed-disarmed.

Working on the modem plugin so it can call you and tell you its going off. It will connect via usb to a lcd display/keypad so it can operate external of the pc etc. etc. If anyone is interested I can get some test copies of this out to see what people think if they want to do something similar. happy to add bits and pieces people want.

-Chris

(TL;DR)

(New plugin and apps should be on google code soon, mpgames - Google Code)

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi metalla_nz,

Does that mean your alarm ap is now done and the Wife is happy to let you go for now lol. I have the same troubles lol. I have a dish that has been sat at my house with 4 LNB's on all moded up and ready to go on the front of the house. Beleive me I have even tried to sneak all my gear out there and got geared up only to get, YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE GOING TO DO............................ TODAY!!!!!!!!! so back away it all goes lol.
    Think I will take a few days of work sometime and get it up anyway lol.

Anyway. Is the Alpha 2 the new updated version on google?

I will test it over a few days and see if I can get things working correctly.
    If not I am going to do a FULL fresh install of VISTA 64 this weekend and hopefully MP 1.01 if it is ready.
    I will then install only the basic things that I need and see how things work then.

Hopefully all will be well and I can get this working nicely. Will surely be good if the fixes to the code that you are thinking about (.net framework) are the ones causing the issues. Then we can get that out of the way and get on with testing :)

Many thanks for the update.

Regards

Kev

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, thanks for the update!
    Is there already a skinfile available?

metalla_nz

Portal Pro
    June 19, 2007
    Hamilton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unfortunately no.

My time is taken up with the Music Videos plugin now, and My Emulators, with the additional programs you can get for it, now currently does most (if not all) of what this plugin aimed to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom