Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi there,

due to Dustin being away I took the liberty to update his plugin.

Not much changed:

Version 1.5.2
    • Changed notification to GUIDialogNotify (you can configure in setup if this should autohide)
    • Added plugin icon

Version 1.5.1
    • Change category of queued items

Version 1.5
    • Compatibility with MePo 1.2
    • Open plugin with parameters

The last point allows other plugins or skins to open mpNZB with a search parameter, as documented here.

If you have any bugs you want to get fixed let me know, but I can't promise anything ;)

Download is available on Google Code and in the MediaPortal Plugin Repository/Installer (once approved).

bornslippy

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: mpNZB 1.5 (2011-09-23)

Since this is pretty much just the samething JBurnette wrote several years ago and I still use his, well until I moved to 1.2, can you make it work with Alt.Binz program. Its probably the most popular software for nzbs to use. Everyone I know uses it, plus its simple. Also if you want I have his program and probably could get the source if you don't have it anymore. Also it would be nice if you give some credit to JBurnette for this since this is almost the same thing that he wrote several years ago. He has been ripped off on several programs without getting credit for it so he has stopped programming some damn good plugins for MP. He will develop certain ones for me if he has time, which they rock! So if you could please give him some credit it, thanks ;)

but you have been doing a good job so keep it up!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi there,

sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about :) I just took the plugin that Dustin Brett wrote and made some modifications. Do you have an URL to some thread where this is discussed?

Also, what is Alt.Binz? Url? Isn't SabNZB the defacto standard? Does it have an API that can be used?

nater40oz

Portal Member
    March 19, 2008

i am getting an error about mpnzb.xml missing but it is in the correct directory. any thoughts?

thanks!
    nate

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

try running plugin configuration, I think that should write the xml. If it doesn't work make sure that the file is readable by mediaportal an in the correct folder.

nater40oz

Portal Member
    March 19, 2008

i ran it and added my ab info. ay c:\programdata\mediaportal\skins\default wide\mpnzb.xml missing. running mp 1.2

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i ran it and added my ab info. ay c:\programdata\mediaportal\skins\default wide\mpnzb.xml missing. running mp 1.2

Oh ok, there is also a mpnzb.xml config file, that confused me.
    There doesn't seem to be a default skin file and as I am no skinner I don't know how to make one. If someone makes a skin file I can integrate that into the installer ...

Spragleknas: Thanks for the links. It reads like dustin offered to maintain the plugin but received no answer so he published this plugin instead? Or is mpNZB based on "my usenet"? If so I will of course give attribution. Also if jburnette is still around and wants to take over or contribute this would be very good news indeed.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: mpNZB 1.5 (2011-09-23)

Thanks Shukuyen for support this plugin more.

I have a quest, can you at that i can change the priority for the files in the plugin like the categorie ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom