MPTVAdmin - Import Dreambox channel/group lists (or easily manage groups) (1 Viewer)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    A few weeks ago a colleague told me about some features of the Dreambox. One of these features was the ability to import channel/group lists, this is quite a nice feature if you receive a lots of channels, which mostly is the case if you use DVB-S(2).

He gave me the link to some lists and I started to create a “quick and dirty” tool to import these channels into MediaPortal TV-Server. This worked quite well, considering that the tool was quite ugly and not very fault forgiving.

So I created a new tool which should be a bit more friendly to use.

I also tried to include the ability to manage the groups and give them your own twist.

It is a first beta and ready for some testing, please let me know any bugs or missing features.

UPDATE 12-08-2011
    - Added MS SQL Support

UPDATE 13-02-2011
    - Radio groups can be managed/imported
    - Up, Down and Delete can be done by the keys (u,d,del).
    - Fixed some (minor) bugs

I also uploaded the source, so if you like you can improve the tool :)
    For now the tool is finished, unless there are bugs found or some features needed.

[installation]
    You can install this program on any Windows client (not necessarily the TV-Server).

[usage]
    After installation, start it up and fill in the DB parameters on the “settings” page and you are ready to go.

Example of lists to import (Use the E2 lists)

Last note:
    The code for the MSSQL support is a bit nasty, but it does the job.
    Since there were also some changes on the old code, I putted both versions in this post, the MPTVAdmin2.zip has only MySQL support, but has proven to work well. The MPTVAdmin with MSSQL support is fairly new and I only did some quick tests, which went well.

Attachments

• MPTVAdmin2.zip
      656.7 KB
    • MPTVAdmin2-source.zip
      76.2 KB
    • MPTVAdmin_with_MSSQL.zip
      355 KB
    • MPTVAdmin_with_MSSQL_Source.zip
      88.8 KB

Tazzios

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice, a have playing around dreamboxes for 4 years now.
    And when i start using MP i was wondering or it was possible to load DB settings.

I`m gonna try it as soon as i hooked up my wave frontier dish.

found a wish:
    - import from map, so that you don`t need a dreambox to use the DB settings.
    correction: login is for MP DB not for DB FTP.

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, found out how I can manage the attachments in the first post.

sonyck

April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, that's what I was waiting to switch to MP! Thanks a lot.

But...
    I have a dual feed LNB for Astra (LNB2) & Hotbird (LNB1)
    When I import settings from DB only Hotbird channels are present

Am I doing something wrong or MPTVAdmin cannot (yet!) manage more than one satellite?
    :D

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, that's what I was waiting to switch to MP! Thanks a lot.

But...
    I have a dual feed LNB for Astra (LNB2) & Hotbird (LNB1)
    When I import settings from DB only Hotbird channels are present

Am I doing something wrong or MPTVAdmin cannot (yet!) manage more than one satellite?
    :D

This is strange, it should be able to handle more then one satellite, I have it running with Astra1, 2, 3 and hotbird.

It would be awesome if you are able to send me an export of you MP TV database. So I can go figure out what goes wrong.
    (if you need any help with this, don't hestitate to ask)

Another thing which you can try is to delete all the channels from within the TV configuration and let MP do a rescan, the one time I had some weird behavior was cause my MP TV DB was "corrupt" all the channels where in it multiple times.

sonyck

April 29, 2011
    Home Country
    France France
    WOW! What a fast answer!
    I'd be happy to send you the export files, but I need a little help to do it!

EDIT: delete and rescan channels seems to work! THANK YOU!

Tazzios

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried henksat engima 2 setting "e2_henksat_astra_1_3" but I only get the userbouquets without channels in it. any ideas?

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried henksat engima 2 setting "e2_henksat_astra_1_3" but I only get the userbouquets without channels in it. any ideas?

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post.

I tried it and was able to reproduce the problem.
    I'll do my best to fix this problem as soon as possible.

edit:

Sorry I was to quick, instead of E2 I tried E1, the E2 seems to work fine.

Have you already scanned all the channels, cause while importing the HenkSat file it tries to map on available channels in MP, to prevent adding channels which you can't receive.

If this isn't the case, could you send me an export of you MP TV DB?

Tazzios

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Sorry for the late reply, I missed your post.

I tried it and was able to reproduce the problem.
    I'll do my best to fix this problem as soon as possible.

edit:

Sorry I was to quick, instead of E2 I tried E1, the E2 seems to work fine.

Have you already scanned all the channels, cause while importing the HenkSat file it tries to map on available channels in MP, to prevent adding channels which you can't receive.

If this isn't the case, could you send me an export of you MP TV DB?

First doing a scan did helped, altough I had a few transponders where he doenst find channel. At the moment I mis a few dutch HD channels(example ned 1,2,3HD) .
    Import a complete XML(with the missing channels gives the problem. So it is default MP behavior I guess.

I don`t think it is an problem with the aiming because I had the same at an other person. His HDdecoder could n`t find the same missing HD channels. But if I connected an other decoder with the channel list already loaded then I could watch the channels.

I think I have to ad the missing channels manual and see watch gonna happen.

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi,

on my Mediaportal installation, i use MSSQL instead of MySql. Your tool doesn't work with MSSQL ?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom