MPTVAdmin - Import Dreambox channel/group lists (or easily manage groups) (1 Viewer)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

on my Mediaportal installation, i use MSSQL instead of MySql. Your tool doesn't work with MSSQL ?

Thanks

Only MySQL is supported for now.

When I have some time the coming days I will take a look at implementing MSSQL, I think it shouldn't be that hard.

razorbakmax

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    no more news ???

I am very interessed from beeing able to import my Dreambox channels settings into Mediaportal.

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is news;

Last weekend I dove into the MS Entity Framework Model which should make it easy to connect to different databases, unfortunately this was a bit harder then I thought, I hope I have some time the coming days/week to dive further into it, but it is certainly still on the radar :)

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    no more news ???

I am very interessed from beeing able to import my Dreambox channels settings into Mediaportal.

I've uploaded a new version which supports MS SQL, please let me know if there are any problems or flaws.

Tazman

Portal Pro
    May 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi...

i get "connection failed" when i try to connect... Dreambox IP should be in "server" field right?

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi...

i get "connection failed" when i try to connect... Dreambox IP should be in "server" field right?

The tool doesn't actually import channels from the dreambox, but it uses the widespread channellists (files) to import the channels/groups. For example the henksat channellists. (I see the openpli site has changed, so I'm afraid you need to google for the files, but they shouldn't be hard to find).

After downloading these files you can import them after connecting to the TV-server (which is the server field for).

If you have any further questions please let me know.

mbc0

Portal Member
    March 4, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I am about to buy a Dreambox DM800, will this plug-in allow me to see all the Sky channels in my EPG & record etc through media portal?

Cheers!

BlackBurn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I am about to buy a Dreambox DM800, will this plug-in allow me to see all the Sky channels in my EPG & record etc through media portal?

Cheers!

Short answer no, this tool is purely to edit the channel/group information in MP TV Server.

For the Dreambox there are so called "channellists" available, which import the sattelite/channel/EPG information straight into the Dreambox.
    This utility makes use of these lists to make editting of the channels/groups information a bit easier.

mbc0

Portal Member
    March 4, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah ok, thanks for the reply... I am googled out! I have seen youtube video's of people doing what I am asking with Win 7 Media Center so thought for sure that I would be able to do it in MP....

Thanks for your time...

aromagno

Portal Member
    April 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hello BlackBurn, you program looks like what I was looking for to give a boost to my HTPC .. but unfortunately I'm afraid my immense ignorance so far has prevented me from testing it :(
    Everything seems smooth untill I try to import from Dreambox setting - clicking the "import from Dreambox" button the user windows locate the bouquests.tv file but when I try import the program fails reporting a parameter failure parameter length cannot be minor than zero ...
    Immagine.png

Your help would be very much appreciated.
    Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom