MPWebServices wont load

Discussion in 'MPWebServices' started by Atreides, August 11, 2010.

1. Atreides

Atreides Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey guys
    I am trying out this service because it seems really cool. I can not get anything to load up in my web browser though. I have searched the forums and copy and pasted dll's where people said to place them and I still get nothing. I only get error messages from Firefox. I was wondering if I need to change the streaming URL or something along those lines? I have it set to the deault of what it comes with right now. I appreciate any help I can get on this.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Khurram

Khurram Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Pakistan Pakistan
  4. Atreides

Atreides Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    That didn't work for me. I got an error message when I tried to open tv service after I altered the web.config file. I am really lost as to what I need to do to get this going. Does Media portal need to be running in order for me to access it on a webpage, or is this service running all the time the computer is on? Do I need ASP.NET on this computer for it to work? I really just don't get it, since I run the installer and then I try the URL from the config http://<comp name>:8080 and I get a could not connect, like nothing is there. I don't even get an error message so I feel like nothing is happening with this program.

5. Jay_UK
    • Team MediaPortal

Jay_UK Test Group

Enterprise Architect
    Ratings:
    +271 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Hi guys,

I followed the above steps (and used the updated files) - everything starts ok and I can log in.

But it still seems to crash the tvserver service quite frequently :(

Still unusable for me.

J.

6. Tazzios

Tazzios Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    and if you try the Ip adres instead of computer name?

7. Atreides

Atreides Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Home Country:
    Actually I got it to load now, and yes I do it with the IP address. The only thing is that it wont play anything I click on in any format. I have installed mencoder and pointed the file location in the right place, and I have put the vlc plugin on the computer to try and play the video or music and I get nothing. it just goes to the screen to play the video and if I click play pause fullscreen, nothing happens. I have tried the other options with the bat file and it will not play anything either. I can post logs later when I get to the MediaPortal computer.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!