MPWebServices wont load (1 Viewer)

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys
I am trying out this service because it seems really cool. I can not get anything to load up in my web browser though. I have searched the forums and copy and pasted dll's where people said to place them and I still get nothing. I only get error messages from Firefox. I was wondering if I need to change the streaming URL or something along those lines? I have it set to the deault of what it comes with right now. I appreciate any help I can get on this.

Atreides

Portal Pro
June 28, 2008
Home Country
That didn't work for me. I got an error message when I tried to open tv service after I altered the web.config file. I am really lost as to what I need to do to get this going. Does Media portal need to be running in order for me to access it on a webpage, or is this service running all the time the computer is on? Do I need ASP.NET on this computer for it to work? I really just don't get it, since I run the installer and then I try the URL from the config http://<comp name>:8080 and I get a could not connect, like nothing is there. I don't even get an error message so I feel like nothing is happening with this program.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys,

I followed the above steps (and used the updated files) - everything starts ok and I can log in.

But it still seems to crash the tvserver service quite frequently :(

Still unusable for me.

J.

Atreides

Portal Pro
    June 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Actually I got it to load now, and yes I do it with the IP address. The only thing is that it wont play anything I click on in any format. I have installed mencoder and pointed the file location in the right place, and I have put the vlc plugin on the computer to try and play the video or music and I get nothing. it just goes to the screen to play the video and if I click play pause fullscreen, nothing happens. I have tried the other options with the bat file and it will not play anything either. I can post logs later when I get to the MediaPortal computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom