MQTT Plugin (1 Viewer)

applebee1

Portal Member
October 25, 2007
Update LatestMediaHandler to 2.4.0.83 and check ...
Thanks a lot - now MQTT plugin is working and TV is also working as expected.

Now that the plug in is working :) I can further try to send a command that arives in MP GUI.

I will give it a try with all your hints and report back... ;-)

applebee1

Portal Member
October 25, 2007
Thanks a lot !!

I am still learning phase with homeassistant (with fast learning curve, but slower than my personal wish...)

I have defined the following in homeassistant config.yaml and it works - finally :)

mqtt:
button:
- name: "MP_enter"
- command_topic: "Mediaportal/G-PC/Command/button"
- payload_press "34"

My current challenge is how to call this pre-defined button as a press in scripting language.

When I have manage this, after some time most likely ;-) - I will continue and discover over time what is missing.

My 1st goal is just to simply automatically start MP and enable live TV at channel 1 at 8 o'clock....

applebee1

Portal Member
October 25, 2007
I am nearly there...

I figured out a lot of key codes numbers like "70" myTV, "14" loudspeaker lower, "38" TV guide etc.

After trying out all numbers from 0-100 I am still searching for the home keycode number (to go to home screen) and play start, play stop...

Any hints?

applebee1

Portal Member
October 25, 2007
Nearly there - this is the home screen....

Mediaportal/G-PC/Command/window
Value: 35

What is finally missing is the start/stop and end button....

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I figured out a lot of key codes numbers like "70" myTV, "14" loudspeaker lower, "38" TV guide etc.
    Look MQTTPlugin/config/InputDeviceMappings/MQTTPlugin.xml at master · andrewjswan/MQTTPlugin
    You can change it from settings ...
    What is finally missing is the start/stop and end button....
    Play - MQTTPlugin/config/InputDeviceMappings/MQTTPlugin.xml at master · andrewjswan/MQTTPlugin
    Stop - MQTTPlugin/config/InputDeviceMappings/MQTTPlugin.xml at master · andrewjswan/MQTTPlugin

I can give a custom component for HA, which creates a Media Player via MQTT, it is strange, but it seems to work. But my knowledge of Python is not yet enough to bring it to mind.
    You just need to remind me, otherwise I might forget.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Nearly there - this is the home screen....

applebee1

Portal Member
    October 25, 2007
    Perfect - thanks a lot for your support.

My 1st task - starting TV and start a program at a certain time automatically now works.

Now I can get more experience and go further - also with your templates reporting back to homeassistant.
    With the play I will keep you posted.

P.S. Do you have any idea where to find the "old" eventghost MQTT plugin (I guess from 2018) for download - as eventghost is out of service for quite a while and I can't find it nowwhere (useful for additional tasks besides MP)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom