MS Sql with MP 1.18? (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @jachin99
    Ahhh, so you are talking about TV4Home rather than TV Server Configuration ("SetupTv.exe").

I'm going to "cut straight to the chase"...
    What would be your recommended path forward for fixing it?
    I don't think it's practical to fix it, and therefore I would give up on TV4Home.

In addition to impracticality of fixing TV4Home, from the screenshots, I don't see any functionality that isn't available in TV Server Configuration. TV Server Configuration appears to have all the things that TV4Home provides:
    • TV and radio channel lists
    • a schedule list
    • a tuner list
    • a streaming client list
    ...and more!
    If the only thing that TV4Home provides for you is integration with the WHS 2011 Dashboard then my honest opinion is that it's not worth investing any more time on.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @jachin99
    Ahhh, so you are talking about TV4Home rather than TV Server Configuration ("SetupTv.exe").

I'm going to "cut straight to the chase"...

I don't think it's practical to fix it, and therefore I would give up on TV4Home.

In addition to impracticality of fixing TV4Home, from the screenshots, I don't see any functionality that isn't available in TV Server Configuration. TV Server Configuration appears to have all the things that TV4Home provides:
    • TV and radio channel lists
    • a schedule list
    • a tuner list
    • a streaming client list
    ...and more!
    If the only thing that TV4Home provides for you is integration with the WHS 2011 Dashboard then my honest opinion is that it's not worth investing any more time on.

yes ...

it was an Project that on any device on you network can configure the tvsever and consume the Content
    to an time where had mp had nothing like an webinterface

and yes it is dead and no dev working on it, included me

jachin99

Portal Member
    September 3, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is still a use for MP/TV4Home with windows 10. There are a whole group of people that have installed windows media center on windows ten. This worked fine with cable cards for the first year or so but after windows 10 build 1607 (Anniversary update) MS dropped support for playready 2 and cable cards in the OS. Because 1507 (Windows 10 original release) is end of life, using that version is no longer an option. The client that is built into TV4Home would be useful to those people. I'm really interested in getting this working. Yes I realize that everything can be done outside of the dashboard but I like the look and feel of the dashboard on WHS. I also like how the connector software works, and how tightly it integrates with Windows seven. I'm not really willing to give up on it but my predicament is that I don't know C#, and right now I'm going to school and work full time. I'm not sure if this helps but there is a group of people working on new development projects for windows media center. I think TV 4 Home or a media portal client in WMC is still very relevant. See Here View topic - A New Project for Modern WMC Development

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is still a use for MP/TV4Home with windows 10.
    I still don't see it.

If you want WMC on W10, I don't see how TV4Home gets you any closer than the other unofficial releases of WMC-for-W10 that have been doing the rounds.
    If you want MediaPortal or MediaPortal's TV Server, I'm quite convinced there is zero advantage in going the TV4Home route.

I'm out. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom