Multi Channel Decoding (1 Viewer)

FilterX

Portal Pro
June 15, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

Is there any easy way to view or list other channels that are on the same transponder? In other words, if I'm recording/watching one channel on a TP could I show other channels in the EPG that could be viewed that are on the same TP? Right now, I have to manually look up the data on lyngsat. This would also be nice if someone is watching a channel on the server and a remote client could have access to those channels on the same TP. Of course adding another tuner would solve this, but I'd like to take advantage of the multi decoding of one card.Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again FilterX

Is there any easy way to view or list other channels that are on the same transponder? In other words, if I'm recording/watching one channel on a TP could I show other channels in the EPG that could be viewed that are on the same TP?
    I know it is not quite the same as the full EPG, but you can do it through the mini-guide. See the attached screenshot - the channels that can't be watched have the red icon and are greyed out. The ones that still have the green icon are on the same transponder as TV 2. Don't know if that is true for other skins...

This would also be nice if someone is watching a channel on the server and a remote client could have access to those channels on the same TP.
    This should just work. A remote client should also see the same information as the any other client in the mini-guide.

mm

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      67.7 KB

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks MM for enlightening me once again. LOL. I didn't see anything about what exactly those icons meant in the wiki. I figured out the Percentage was the percentage of the program that completed but didn't know what those other icons were. Is there any documentation on that that I may have missed? I just tested it on the client, and of course it works great. I have 2 more questions, if you don't mind me asking.

1) Anyway to sort the green icons in the mini guide? In other words group the green/red so you can just click on the other available channels instead of scrolling through the mini guide data.

2) Is there anyway to take control of a channel from the Client PC. If my wife is watching something on the TV that has the server installed on it, and then goes to bed and doesn't close out MP, or "Turn TV Off" from the TV Gui then it remains on that channel and the clients can't tune to other channels that aren't on the same TP that the TV Server was last on when it was turned off. It would be cool if there was a way to take over that somehow so that the TV that is in the bedroom could take control when the main TV Server PC is not being watched.

Thanks again for all of your help, and education. I love this software.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I didn't see anything about what exactly those icons meant in the wiki.
    The simple details for the icons are -->here<-- (you can turn them on or off).

1) Anyway to sort the green icons in the mini guide? In other words group the green/red so you can just click on the other available channels instead of scrolling through the mini guide data.
    Not that I know of, sorry.

2) Is there anyway to take control of a channel from the Client PC. If my wife is watching something on the TV that has the server installed on it, and then goes to bed and doesn't close out MP, or "Turn TV Off" from the TV Gui then it remains on that channel and the clients can't tune to other channels that aren't on the same TP that the TV Server was last on when it was turned off. It would be cool if there was a way to take over that somehow so that the TV that is in the bedroom could take control when the main TV Server PC is not being watched.
    Sneakily, yes. ;)
    First you have to enable the "allow server to stop LiveTV..." option in the "recording" section of TV Server configuration ("general" tab, "scheduler" sub section). Then just start a recording on the channel that you want to watch. That will kick the other stream. You can then stop the recording and do whatever you like. A nasty workaround, I know, but TV Server doesn't really have a concept of user privilege or tuner ownership (at least not at the UI level) so managing situations like this becomes tricky. We don't necessarily want to enable people to fight over tuners as it might start small scale wars, but at this point we don't have a better way to facilitate sharing. Hopefully the workaround will suffice for your needs. :)

mm

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Thank you mm for the link, and work around. This will work fine for me. I totally understand not wanting tuner wars. Only thing I was thinking that would be cool, is that if a message popped up on the screen as asked you if you would like to take over the tuner or something. I plan on getting a new tuner down the road to add, so it won't be a big issue but thought I'd ask. I appreciate all of the help you have and continue to give to me. Have a good one, and thanks again.

Regards,

Fx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom