[Multi-Seat] Unable to stream live/recorded TV. (1 Viewer)

Myrkarn

November 4, 2008
Home Country
TV-Server Version: 1.02
MediaPortal Version: 1.02
MediaPortal Skin: Default.. Blue 3?
Windows Version: Windows XP, SP3, up to date.
CPU Type: Intel P4
HDD: 40g, 160g 7200RPM
Memory: 768mb
Motherboard: IBM. i845 based
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 6200
Video Card Driver: 182.50
Sound Card: Onboard: Intel 82801BA/BAM Ac97
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.1.2535.0
1. TV Card: Gigabyte GC-PTV-TAF (Philips SAA713x based)
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid Digital/Analogue
1. TV Card Driver: 1.3.3.5
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:
TV Server is an Intel Core2 Duo E6600, 2gig, 1TB drive, etc, the TV card is installed in this system.

Recently I decided to move from a single-seat to a multi-seat setup for Mediaportal, however so far whenever I attempt to view either recorded or live TV on the client system, all that happens is the client pauses for ~10seconds, before returning to the TV Guide/Recorded files listing. At best there will be 1-2 frames of the video before returning to these lists.

The client is able to stream radio fine from the Tv-Server (both Webstreams, and stations tuned using the Digital Tuner Card), and play videos from the TV server accessed via the "My Videos" interface, but no luck with the TV.

TV plays fine on the TV server itself using mediaportal, but will not stream to the client above, or another PC that I was able to use briefly for testing purposes (substantially higher spec than above)

I have tried a fresh install including database (using MS SQL) on the TV server, setting the network interfaces on both systems to Half-Duplex (as suggested in another thread), both wireless and wired connections, assorted codec options, disabling the firewall on the TV Server (appropriate ports are unblocked anyway), checked the Database is configured for remote access using the SAM, and other attempted fixes but to no avail.

Of note, is that when I try playing a recorded TV show from the client, if I watch the "Streaming Server-Streaming Clients" section of the TV-Server config, I briefly see the client connect, drop for half a second, reconnect, then drop completely.

If anyone has any ideas on how/why I can get this to behave itself, it would be appreciated.

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
We have a similar problem
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/cannot-stream-tv-audio-codec-59346/

Still cannot come up with an answer. I have tried several rebuilds of mediaportal and a PC rebuild on the client PC and still no joy. I don't want to touch the server/client as it is running so well and the family will not let me near it!

It looks like this has been fixed here. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-nicht-moeglich-stream-1-0-audio-codec-58134/
The challenge is its in german. I have just been feeding it into a transation site, but it looks like they moved onto other problems so I can work out what the fix is, if someone can translate it please:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom