Multi-tune fails (SubmitTuneRequest: returns 0x1) with Vista TV Pack or Windows 7 | Page 2

Discussion in '1.0 final and SVN Builds' started by markius, January 9, 2009.

1. markius

markius Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Hi gibman

FTA. All my channels are FTA and I don't have any cards with a CAM

It's not DVB-S2, just DVB-S.
    Back to back recordings fail in as much as the second recording cannot start until the first has finished. Because I have a 15 minute post-recording padding set, the second recording starts 15 minutes into the show.

Actually no, that would be worth a shot actually.
    Ian - which version of the BlackGold driver are you running?

It's a Black Gold BGT3540. That's a PCI-X x1 card with 2 x DVB-S + 2 x DVB-T/Analogue hybrid card. It's sometimes referred to as "BlackGold 6-in-1".

I do have an old PCI DVB-T card kicking around that I could try. I'll give that a shot.

No. The issue affects DVB-T only, DVB-S only and DVB-T/S merged channels.

Actually no, the problem can be demonstrated simply by pressing RECORD while viewing a channel. The recording causes the scheduler user to try and create a subchannel which fails. However, once you finish watching live tv or change channel the recording starts.

I've noticed that each failed multi-tune request creates a new subchannel. It's possible to end up with hundreds of broken subchannels attached to the card and they don't get removed until something calls FreeAllSubChannels.

Let me know if you need any more info... I'll report back on a different card ASAP.

Cheers
    Mark

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gibman
    • Team MediaPortal

gibman Retired Team Member

Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,372 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    The subchannels are removed when a tune fails- dont worry.
    The counter is incremented always. Old subchannel IDs are not re-used.

In the mean time lets wait and see what u figure out.

/gibman

4. markius

markius Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    OK, so I've downgraded the BDA driver to 6.0.0.35 and the problem persists.

Next step is to try another card. Not sure if it's supported in Vista though. Fingers crossed.

5. iancalderban

iancalderban Portal Pro

network consultant
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    BGT3450 with 6.0.0.39. I added it to my system spec.

although I don't have your problem, I've seen a couple of interesting related issues yesterday which may help the dev.

1) I had a recording running on BBCHD - occupying one of my two DVB-S tuners.
    went channel surfing through some of the other satellite channels. So its repeatedly retuning the other DVB-S tuner. After a number of successfull channel changes, I got "unable to start timeshifting, no free card available" for one particular channel. I wonder if this is related as it is basically inability to get hold of a tuner, when we know there should be one free. I tried to stop and restart live TV with no effect. If I try to reproduce this, which log file is needed? I notice that some of the log files autorotate and so you lose old information - can this be turned off?

2)I had two back-to-back recordings running on a DVB-T channel (and I always have pre and post-record configured, so there will automatically be overlap). The status of whats happening (in "active recordings") gets a little confused. During the period where the first program is into its post-record and the second has just started, active recordings (in the MP tv gui) reports that the first program is being recorded twice (and the second not at all). once the first's post-record has finshed (And thus stopped), the second then appears in the active recordings list. It did however record the correct programs into correctly named files once it had all finished (I think - have watched the second end-to-end, only checked the start of the first one).

Ian

6. markius

markius Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    Gibman - I've tested with another card (Nebula DigiTV PCI) and the same problem occurs so I don't think this is card related.
    I've also just tried a completely fresh installation of the TV Server (including clearing down the TV database etc) and I still get the same problem.

What other tests would you recommend?

Ian - The log file you're looking for is tv.log which lives in "\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal TV Server\log" although it's often more useful to the devs if you run the MP Test Tool which gathers up all of your logs and also some useful system information too.

Do you have the Vista TV Pack installed?

Cheers
    Mark

7. iancalderban

iancalderban Portal Pro

network consultant
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    no tv pack on this box. staring point is clean vista 32bit SP1 (from slipstreamed install DVD), MCE never been run (in fact disabled), the various drivers and mediaportal 1.0.

I did play with fiji / tv pack 2/3 months ago, but wasn't satisfied. So I came over to mediaportal.

Ian

8. markius

markius Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    This problem is caused by Vista TV Pack 2008. See this thread for more details

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!