Multi-tune fails (SubmitTuneRequest: returns 0x1) with Vista TV Pack or Windows 7 (1 Viewer)

markius

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Maidstone, UK
Home Country
England England
Hi gibman

Some questions.

Is the BBC1 channel FTA or scrambled ?
FTA. All my channels are FTA and I don't have any cards with a CAM

Are u able to do b2b recordings on the dvb-s2 device ?
It's not DVB-S2, just DVB-S.
Back to back recordings fail in as much as the second recording cannot start until the first has finished. Because I have a 15 minute post-recording padding set, the second recording starts 15 minutes into the show.

Tried newer BDA drivers, or even older ones ?
Actually no, that would be worth a shot actually.
Ian - which version of the BlackGold driver are you running?

What card are u using ?
It's a Black Gold BGT3540. That's a PCI-X x1 card with 2 x DVB-S + 2 x DVB-T/Analogue hybrid card. It's sometimes referred to as "BlackGold 6-in-1".

Is it possible for you to try another dvb-t card, another brand ?
I do have an old PCI DVB-T card kicking around that I could try. I'll give that a shot.

Can u multitune the dvb-t device using 2 timeshifting sessions on the same BBC1 channel ?
No. The issue affects DVB-T only, DVB-S only and DVB-T/S merged channels.

I guess you need a multiseat setup to test this.
Actually no, the problem can be demonstrated simply by pressing RECORD while viewing a channel. The recording causes the scheduler user to try and create a subchannel which fails. However, once you finish watching live tv or change channel the recording starts.

I've noticed that each failed multi-tune request creates a new subchannel. It's possible to end up with hundreds of broken subchannels attached to the card and they don't get removed until something calls FreeAllSubChannels.

Let me know if you need any more info... I'll report back on a different card ASAP.

Cheers
Mark

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The subchannels are removed when a tune fails- dont worry.
    The counter is incremented always. Old subchannel IDs are not re-used.

In the mean time lets wait and see what u figure out.

/gibman

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    OK, so I've downgraded the BDA driver to 6.0.0.35 and the problem persists.

Next step is to try another card. Not sure if it's supported in Vista though. Fingers crossed.

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ian - which version of the BlackGold driver are you running?
    BGT3450 with 6.0.0.39. I added it to my system spec.

although I don't have your problem, I've seen a couple of interesting related issues yesterday which may help the dev.

1) I had a recording running on BBCHD - occupying one of my two DVB-S tuners.
    went channel surfing through some of the other satellite channels. So its repeatedly retuning the other DVB-S tuner. After a number of successfull channel changes, I got "unable to start timeshifting, no free card available" for one particular channel. I wonder if this is related as it is basically inability to get hold of a tuner, when we know there should be one free. I tried to stop and restart live TV with no effect. If I try to reproduce this, which log file is needed? I notice that some of the log files autorotate and so you lose old information - can this be turned off?

2)I had two back-to-back recordings running on a DVB-T channel (and I always have pre and post-record configured, so there will automatically be overlap). The status of whats happening (in "active recordings") gets a little confused. During the period where the first program is into its post-record and the second has just started, active recordings (in the MP tv gui) reports that the first program is being recorded twice (and the second not at all). once the first's post-record has finshed (And thus stopped), the second then appears in the active recordings list. It did however record the correct programs into correctly named files once it had all finished (I think - have watched the second end-to-end, only checked the start of the first one).

Ian

markius

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Maidstone, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Gibman - I've tested with another card (Nebula DigiTV PCI) and the same problem occurs so I don't think this is card related.
    I've also just tried a completely fresh installation of the TV Server (including clearing down the TV database etc) and I still get the same problem.

What other tests would you recommend?

Ian - The log file you're looking for is tv.log which lives in "\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal TV Server\log" although it's often more useful to the devs if you run the MP Test Tool which gathers up all of your logs and also some useful system information too.

Do you have the Vista TV Pack installed?

Cheers
    Mark

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you have the Vista TV Pack installed?

no tv pack on this box. staring point is clean vista 32bit SP1 (from slipstreamed install DVD), MCE never been run (in fact disabled), the various drivers and mediaportal 1.0.

I did play with fiji / tv pack 2/3 months ago, but wasn't satisfied. So I came over to mediaportal.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom