Multiple encrypted channels cannot be used anymore simultaneously (1 Viewer)

Mikou

Portal Pro
October 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

I noticed problem with encrypted channels today. Following use case hopefully describes problem. This has been working well but now it seems to be broken. Use case is not the most common so I cannot say for sure when the issue has been come but I guess with version 1.4.0. since I do not have updated anything else than MediaPortal and F-Secure to server PC.

- Create scheduler for encrypted channel (C More Tennis in this case)
- Watch another encrypted channel (C More Emotion)
- Live TV freezes when recording starts

Same happens also with two recordings; first recording is stopped when second starts. Everything works well with not encrypted channels. I also tried to get latest Digital Devices drivers but without any help. TV cards have been installed as mentioned in this thread.

Please find out attached logs also from mentioned use case.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Mikou

I have an idea what the problem might be.
    Please can you try enabling preload for all your tuners and see if the problem goes away.
    Alternatively, extend your test by stopping and restarting the live TV stream after the recording has started and see whether:
    1. The recording continues okay.
    2. The live TV stream can start okay.

Thanks,
    mm
    :)

Mikou

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

Thanks for Your help. I tried to set all tuners to be preloaded but it did not change functionality.
    1. Recording stops when live TV is started again
    2. Live TV starts ok.

Anyhow MediaPortal still says at client and in server (manual control section) that both live TV and recording are ongoing. Anyhow it shows on the server that only latest channel (recording or live tv) is scrambled and earlier channel is normal. So it seems to be able to use pay card (or whatever is correct term) only for one channel at the moment even Digital Devices DuoFlex should be able to share one card for all tuners. And as I mentioned in my first post, it has been working well in with same use case earlier.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Mikou

Thanks for Your help.
    You're welcome. :)

I tried to set all tuners to be preloaded but it did not change functionality.
    1. Recording stops when live TV is started again
    2. Live TV starts ok.
    Okay. So it is as you say: for some reason it seems the CAM is not able to decrypt more than one channel.

Note: each DD tuner may only decrypt one channel even if the CAM can support more. This is a DD driver/hardware limitation. For this reason, please ensure you have set the "this card can decode..." setting to 1 for each tuner:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

And as I mentioned in my first post, it has been working well in with same use case earlier.
    I wonder what has changed, because we have not changed the code.
    Have you changed the CAM or tuner settings, or have you changed the tuner driver/software?

mm

Mikou

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi,

Yes, I'm familiar with that one channel limitation and I have set that correctly at server. And it is correctly adding that second live/recording to free card - I tried also with limitation zero (0) and it add second live/recording to same card that was already in use and of course that did not work either.

At least I do not remember that I had done any changes. I updated tuners driver only after I noticed problem to check if new driver has any effect.
    I'll try to disable tuners from Windows device manager and remove those from MP. After that I'll try to add those again with correct settings and re-scan channels. I'll post update after some trials at tomorrow or later this week.

Mikou

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I tried to disable tuners and removed those from server. Then after some reboots I enabled tuners again and added those as new cards to server - but with same result. I also tried to configure stuff again with DigitalDevices configure tool etc. but without success. I did not totally removed tuners from MB, but I suppose it would not make any extra value for mentioned test.

Mikou

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Problem solved by ordering new CAM module; CI CAM Mascom Conax.
    For some reason my old CAM did not work anymore. Thanks for DD support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom