Multiple Instances of MyFilms in StreamedMP Home Menu (1 Viewer)

tbomber

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi!
First: Thank you for this great plugin! I'm new to Mediaportal and MyFilms and I love it! :D

Now, I want to improve and simplify Mediaportal and have a question:

Can I define in StreamedMP two buttons where each starts MyFilms plugin with a different Configuration?
So, for example the first one with my films and the second one with concerts. The start buttons should be in home menu of streamedMP.
I have not really experience with all the xml files in mediaportal, so any idea would be great or is it absolutely infeasible?

My setup:
Mediaportal SVN 21688
MyFilms 4.8.0 + AMC
My TVSeries 2.1.3331

tbomber

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
ok, adding a second myfilms button is no problem, but i want that each automatically starts with a different configuration

FoxForceFive

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You cant do it mate, was after this myself.

Use 'Movingpictures' as the other plug in for concerts or films. I use Movingpictures for films & myfilms for the kids films. You can amend the titles of both to read what you want to.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
why do you need to do that? With myfilms you can create several configs, each one with its own database

FoxForceFive

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
why do you need to do that? With myfilms you can create several configs, each one with its own database

Yes, but although I can do that quite simply, the woman in my life simply points, & presses. No more thought than that. To have two separate entries such as 'Movies' & 'Kids Movies' is about as much as I can train her to use!

It's simply much more user-friendly as two separate entries on your list.

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
but, as long as I know (I only use one config), you can select what config you want from inside MP. So it would be only a click more: movies, in the main menu, and then movies/kid movies in the myfilms config selector

tbomber

Portal Member
January 24, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Why not? I'm absolutely with FoxForceFive.
It would be much more user-friendly. For me, for kids, for older people, for someone who wants to know on first sight which option you have. And I think this is here to develop Mediaportal and make it more attractive...

So there I think there are three options:
1. Two Configs of Myfilms --> Not my favorite...
2. I use another Plugin for concerts for example. But then I am limited if I want to add a third configuration in Home Menu. Furthermore I dont want to use another plugin
3. As I said above: let Mediaportal think, that there are more available plugins by copying and renaming the myFilms files. Each Plugin gets a button in Home Menu linked with a different configuration...
--> For that i need help! :)

Copying and Renaming the files (dll and xml) is not the problem, but I think the .dll has to be changed --> I have no experience how to do that...

Am I on the right path? Any Ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom