Multiple programs responding to IR commands since upgrade from 1.12 (1 Viewer)

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi all.

I've been running MP 1.12 for quite a while and have recently upgraded to 1.21. I now have a remote control issue which did not previously exist, and to be honest I'm not sure where to start with debugging.

I use the good old MCE remote controls (MCE 2/1039) on media PCs around my house (in other words I'd prefer not to change).

I also have MediaMonkey and Spotify running on the same machine as where I'm having this issue. These sit behind Mediaportal, as it's set to "Keep Mediaportal Always on top"

Since the 1.12 to 1.21 upgrade:
- when I use the PLAY button in Mediaportal, either MediaMonkey or Spotify immediately starts playing music, rendering the Play button useless in Mediaportal.
- and when I use the PAUSE button a Spotify Pause menu pops up on top of Mediaportal.

In the "Remotes and Input devices" I have the HID tab with "Enable HID" ticked with Classic profile selected.

It's as though Mediaportal was previously the app with the focus for input commands, but now it is letting these commands go through to other apps.

Note for completeness: I also use an old version of LM Remote Keymap, and also Eventghost, which could have some impact on remote commands but neither of these have changed.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to configure it so that only Mediaportal responds to the IR Remote commands?

Thanks a lot for any ideas
Johns11

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I expected this would have affected many others, but it seems not. I guess that's mostly good news.

Unfortunately it's a big issue for me when my wife presses the Play button to play a TV recording (for example), my amplifier automatically changes to a stereo input and music starts playing at twice the volume (from something other than Mediaportal)... in that situation it's all my fault! :cry: On the upside my kids think it's hilarious.

For now at least, I've downgraded to 1.12 and this problem has gone away. I'd prefer not to be on 1.12 forever but right now I don't know of any other option.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For now at least, I've downgraded to 1.12 and this problem has gone away.
    The support for MCE RC6 remote controls was completely rewritten in a release of MP following 1.12, but I don't remember in which release this change occurred. Unfortunately, the rewrite was not transparent. I use an Ortek/Hama remote control (not an MCE RC6 remote), and it was affected by the rewrite, necessitating changes to the Ortek config file in order to restore normal behaviour.

I don't know how to cure your problem, but I would suggest that you look carefully at the EventGhost and LM Remote Keymap tools that you are using. You may need to modify their action, or remove them completely.

Unfortunately, it is not likely that the support for MCE RC6 will be changed now, as it works correctly for most people (and the team member who authored the rewrite is no longer active).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

johns11

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks CyberSimian, I appreciate the reply. I have the source code for both 1.12 and 1.21 so one day if I have some time I might try to compare the two and see what I can find. I do suspect that the changes could be quite extensive though. I'll update here if I figure anything out of course, and in the meantime I still have a functioning system :)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom