Multiseat: A lot of stuttering, artifacts, pixelation, freezes with RTSP/UNC (2 Viewers)

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
August 12, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

currently I'm trying to get a multiseat environment to work. Technically it is working, but TV playback makes Trouble :-(

Before I switched to a multiseat configuration I only used my HTPC. TV playback worked without any Frame Drops, without any stuttering, freezes, artifacts, etc. since months.

I only removed the tv card from my HTPC and entered the Hostname of my new Server to MediaPortal Configuration.

Now TV playback is not working fine. Sometimes it works for 10-20 minutes, sometimes it is not working from the beginning. There are artifacts, freezes, pixelation, etc. Sometimes there are no Frame Drops (SHIFT + 1), but it Shows endless artifacts until I Switch the channel.

What I have tested:
- TV card in HTPC: everything is working fine, so my HTPC has no Problems to playback TV
- I also installed MP on my Notebook, the result was the same (stuttering, artifacts, etc.)
- I tried RTSP and UNC (sometimes RTSP seems better, sometimes UNC, but with UNC I got many "TSReader read file Error 0x80090006: Invalid Signature" errors in the log file)
- disabled Windows Firewall, diabled Windows Defender
- no Background processes, etc. (as said I only removed the tv card, tv playback worked on my HTPC since months)
- Watching movies (Blu-ray ISO, mkv, very high Video Bitrate, DTS HD, Dolby True HD, etc.) with Moving Pictures from the same Server is working endless without any Problems (100% no issues!), so I think it is not a Network issue? It is fast enough and without any interruptions.
- happens with HDTV, SDTV, Free and Pay TV
- when I rewind XX seconds the same frames, which had the artifacts, stuttering, etc., are playing fine

Best regards,
Sascha

P.S.: Sorry for capital letters, it's the bad Auto correction from IE :-/

Attachments

• Client.zip
    58.7 KB
Last edited:

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you try to use a RAMDisk on the TV Server? Solved problems with HD TV playback for me on my multiseat setup. I use imDIsk (free).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Sascha

The TsReader log is full of continuity errors:
    [2014-08-17 10:23:57,640] [ 6000048] [135c] - Video Continuity error... c ( prev 8 ), bufferOffset=80276, bufferLength=105280
    [2014-08-17 10:23:57,640] [ 6000048] [135c] - Audio Continuity error... 2 ( prev 9 ), bufferOffset=83096, bufferLength=105280

...and "too late" messages:
    [2014-08-17 10:33:56,213] [ 6000048] [135c] - Demux : Audio to render too late= 0.062 Sec

Your TV Server logs are from 2014-08-14 18:43, don't include the TsWriter log and don't show any tune requests. In other words, they don't match the client logs and I can't tell whether these issues are due to network or already exist on the server side. Please post the matching logs from the server.

mm

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh sorry! I uploaded the wrong Server log zip file.

Here is the correct one:

Attachments

• Server.zip
      10.1 KB

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Can you install on the new TV Server an MP client and test the TV?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The TsWriter log only contains one continuity error. So, if I had to guess I would say that the problem is your network and/or buffering.

Please tell us about your network type (wireless, wired, powerline) and speed.

- Watching movies (Blu-ray ISO, mkv, very high Video Bitrate, DTS HD, Dolby True HD, etc.) with Moving Pictures from the same Server is working endless without any Problems (100% no issues!), so I think it is not a Network issue? It is fast enough and without any interruptions.
    Comparing playback of blu-rays etc. with live TV is not fair. The playback mechanism (share vs. RTSP) and buffering is completely different.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also tried UNC, isn't it the same as watching a movie? I thought watching a bluray ISO with high bitrate and hd sound would be heavier than watching a tv channel which has less than 10 Mbit/s network traffic. A movie needs 4x and more traffic.

My Server is connnected via wired Gbit to my Asus RT-AC66U. Bei Notebook and HTPC are connected with WiFi AC 5Ghz, so it has constant 15-30 MB/s (120-240 Mbit/s) netto! The devices are all in the same room, so no Wifi issues through walls, etc.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I also tried UNC...
    Logs?

...isn't it the same as watching a movie? I thought watching a bluray ISO with high bitrate and hd sound would be heavier than watching a tv channel which has less than 10 Mbit/s network traffic. A movie needs 4x and more traffic.
    With a blu-ray etc. the OS can read ahead and buffer more of the file. With live TV the contents is accumulated slowly. So in short: no it is not exactly the same.

My Server is connnected via wired Gbit to my Asus RT-AC66U. Bei Notebook and HTPC are connected with WiFi AC 5Ghz, so it has constant 15-30 MB/s (120-240 Mbit/s) netto! The devices are all in the same room, so no Wifi issues through walls, etc.
    The latency is just as important (if not more important) than the bandwidth for streaming media.
    Please try a wired connection from your notebook and/or HTPC to the router.

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Are you absolutely sure you disabled defender? Make sure its disabled on the tv-server (i dont think it matters on the client). I would exclude the timeshift folder and .ts files. This can be done in defender settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom