Multiseat: A lot of stuttering, artifacts, pixelation, freezes with RTSP/UNC (1 Viewer)

daimian

Portal Member
September 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
and using Microsoft DTV codec
what decoder have you used before?

I was using LAV and it worked well, however the longer I watch 1080 the lower the average frame rate got. After about an hour of watching 1080 avg FPS went from 60 to 45ish .. 2 hours and it was <30. If I watched 720 or less it was fine for 2-3 hours.

FYI I am using 2x Intel NUC i3 HTPCs and a server with an i5 connected via WRT1900AC router w/ 1200AC USB linksys adapters.

daimian

Portal Member
September 11, 2012
Home Country
are you sure these drops are connected with video decoder, and not with changing RTSP to UNC?

The switch from RTSP to UNC solved most of my stuttering and pixelation issues. But then to fix the frame rate slow down required a switch to Microsoft DTV.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
have you used QuickSync or DXVA in LAV Video decoder settings?
I am still try to track those rare cases where LAV filters don't perform so well. At my end it works perfectly several hours even with pretty old ION 330 graphics..

daimian

Portal Member
September 11, 2012
Home Country
have you used QuickSync or DXVA in LAV Video decoder settings?
I am still try to track those rare cases where LAV filters don't perform so well. At my end it works perfectly several hours even with pretty old ION 330 graphics..

I tried QuckSync & DXVA settings with LAV which did have a positive affect on LAV performance on both TV and video (it is my default for video atm). It did seem strange that I could watch 8+ hours of movies on Sunday using LAV without any issues at all but if I used it for TV it had issues.

I can keep helping track down the issue I seem to be having with LAV & TV. Tonight I will switch back to LAV and see what happens.

More info:
I could fix the frame rate slowdown by either changing channels or stopping the TV stream and starting it again. I have also updated all drivers including BIOs on my HTPCs.

Charlie TV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I also have multiseat and found if one of the end clients is a slow machine, it will gradually pull the whole system down.

I replaced all the end clients with Intel NUC i3s and use LAV with dxva2 (copyback) and UNC it works really well now and is very solid. :D

daimian

Portal Member
    September 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Tried every LAV option I could last night with some decent results but shift-1 showed even the best settings still resulted in a much choppier avg frame rate then using Microsoft DTV. I did try dxva2 (copyback) like Charlie TV without much luck. I was not able to test long term so I will try that again tonight along with some other tweaks to see if I can find good frame rates. BTW I did try a fresh install of video drivers without any change.

This testing would go faster if it didn't take 60+ seconds when I hit "OK" in MP Config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom