Multiseat: A lot of stuttering, artifacts, pixelation, freezes with RTSP/UNC (1 Viewer)

daimian

Portal Member
September 11, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Then you have more issues, since it's supposed to close in a few seconds.

It only does it when I change a setting and it does it on both fresh installs, but didn't do it before (thought it was a MP 1.9 thing). Suggestions on what to investigate that issue?

Charlie TV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also consider disabling any anti-virus software and use the Resource Monitor to see what is going on.

daimian

Portal Member
    September 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Well, I gave up and went with a complete wipe and re-install of everything last night (OS and all). Same issues.

For the saving of MP Config I did figure out the cause... if I go into the "TV/Radio" option and "Test connection" to the TV Server (which takes like 20+ seconds) it saves instantly. Looking at the logs shows about a 20 second gab between "TV/Radio Saving" and "Done". So apparently every time I save MP Config it is testing my TV server connection.

I'll keep digging into LAV issues.

Charlie TV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Forgot to mention are you using the IP address in the tv connection box rather than the hostname, if not give it a try plus make the tv server a fixed IP address.

daimian

Portal Member
    September 11, 2012
    Home Country
    Forgot to mention are you using the IP address in the tv connection box rather than the hostname, if not give it a try plus make the tv server a fixed IP address.

Excellent idea, will give it a try in about 4 hours when I get home.

GeBe

Portal Member
    August 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi

I'm posting my solution to the original problem, pixelation and stuttering playback when timeshifting HD content from more than one client, in case it helps someone.

Turning of Windows defender for .ts files helped somewhat, but the real solution was moving the thimeshift files to a RAM-disk.

I don't understand it, there are no entries in TSWriter (I have a SSD in the server) and have tried timeshifting up to four channels simultaneously via one client, the TV-Server configuration and WebMediaPortal with no problems (however, three of the channels displaying on the server). So it shouldn't be HD-related, could it be something between the HD and the NIC?

I tried UNC before RAM-disk, but ended up with the same small glitches in the Audio as Snoopy87. Im now back on RSTP.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...but the real solution was moving the thimeshift files to a RAM-disk.
    ...could it be something between the HD and the NIC?
    Honestly, that sounds like a workaround.
    Without full server and client log files + details any answer to your question would be speculation (random guesses).

GeBe

Portal Member
    August 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ...but the real solution was moving the thimeshift files to a RAM-disk.
    ...could it be something between the HD and the NIC?
    Honestly, that sounds like a workaround.
    Without full server and client log files + details any answer to your question would be speculation (random guesses).

Yes, true!
    Thanks for responding!
    I'm actually happy with the solution, my question where of the rhetorical type...
    I guess I could switch back and present some logs if you wish to investigate, but I have no need for a deeper understanding at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom