Multiseat - Lost connection to TV server (1 Viewer)

aherbjornsen

Portal Member
August 7, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I recently moved from a singleseat to a multiseat installation, moving my Mediaportal frontend to a separate machine.

This has been working quite well, apart from some minor issues.

The biggest problem right now is that I'm experiencing random disconnects from the TV server. This happens right at startup or after idle periods. When disconnected, I just confirm the stored server info and it reconnects without problems.

The TV server is my old machine which has been happily running for years, and it does go to sleep in any way. The machines are connected to the same ethernet switch.

The message I see the frontend log is this:

[2015-11-06 10:41:56,849] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TVHome: Error occured in on loading : A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 127.0.0.0:31456, st at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)

Attached log files from frontend and server where the problem occured right after startup of frontend.

aherbjornsen

Portal Member
August 7, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
frontend log
respond 127.0.0.0:31456
If frontrnd why He tries to find the server at itself (127.0.0.0) not on the network?
I saw this and was wondering about that, but have no idea where it comes from.

I've tried to enter the TV server as both ip-adress (10.0.0.150) and host name (slemmehtpc.slemme.org), and the behaviour is the same. I've also changed the the connection type from RTSP to UNC, but it still fails in the same way.

aherbjornsen

Portal Member
August 7, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
we need logs packaged by watchdog, as it includes additional information (configuration). Please post it as described here Log Files - MediaPortal Wiki
When I try to run from Watchdog, it does not seem to fail. I can leave it running for a while and what happens.

Seeing that it worked from Watchdog tried changing the theme back to Titan, but then it still fails as before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
"fails as before" doesn't help us to recognize and track the problem you have. please reproduce the error and post logs, generated by watchdog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom