Multiseat minor bugs (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I actually managed to find bugs after running TVSERVER build 29-03 NON STOP without a hitch up untill now!(congrats to you all !)

Multiseat setup!

The bugs are very minor but nevertheless they are still bugs ?

1) When recording series/shows the choice is given to "alert me" , this works whenever a client is actually connected.
    When there is no-one watching at the time an "alert me" show comes into play.
    If you startup a client again, it still alerts you the next day that a program starts in 5 minutes , but the program was already played the evening or day before. It shouldnt alert me if the program has been in the past I think/hope.

2) Recording series, there are no folders created for for any recorded show or series in the recording folder.
    ***Fixed in RC1***

3) When timeshifting for a while on setting pause (say 15 minutes), then watching 5 minutes, then trying to forward the commercials that come in between (15sec 30sec,1m,3m,5m,15m etc doesnt matter which one), it always jumps to the current (live) moment (you see END in the uppercorner), i have to press back to find my position again. There is nothing missing, it is only annoying :D

4) Tvserver doesnt remember all advanced recordings,ive set several soaps to record every day sametime.. (girlie)..
    Tvserver doesnt remember them when all clients have been shutdown in between on the next day..
    most of the scheduled shows are gone..
    ***Fixed in RC1***

That is about all I could manage to find :eek:

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok I am sorry, my girlie found another..
    when a networked movie is playing.. she presses TVGuide.. then chooses the channel she wants to watch ..
    it just doesnt respond and keeps playing the movie and is not switching to the tvchannel ..

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok here it is..

Client OS Vista SP1 (no further patches)
    Mediaportal final
    svn 29-03
    Tvserver client 29-03

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi I can confirm this
    3) When timeshifting for a while on setting pause (say 15 minutes), then watching 5 minutes, then trying to forward the commercials that come in between (15sec 30sec,1m,3m,5m,15m etc doesnt matter which one), it always jumps to the current (live) moment (you see END in the uppercorner), i have to press back to find my position again. There is nothing missing, it is only annoying

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/241847-post5.html

4) while recording (Can't watch complety )
    Steps to reproduce
    1.- Schedule a recording.
    2.- From the guide go to the channel that has start recording
    3.- You get a question "Start from the beginnig or From Live Point"
    4.- if you chouse "from the beginnig" after the time that has been recorded it stops.. just until the momem that you chouse to watch... example.. The recording has been record 1 minute, chouse from the begining after 1 min the show is stoped and recording keeps recording.. If you rechouse from the begining then you can see 2 min and the stop and so on..
    5.- If you chouse "from Live point" some times you get a blank screen "no audio no video"

Iosu

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have another one..

Tvserver doesnt remember all advanced recordings,ive set several soaps to record every day sametime.. (girlie)..

Tvserver doesnt remember them when all clients have been shutdown in between on the next day..

as long as there is a client connected it is no problem. Tvserver seems to remember all

can anyone confirm ?

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    I have another one..

Tvserver doesnt remember all advanced recordings,ive set several soaps to record every day sametime.. (girlie)..

as long as there is a client connected it is no problem. Tvserver seems to remember all

can anyone confirm ?

YES!! I was getting crasy!!! I had a weekly schedule like "Record Every monday at 21:30 prision break".. and sometimes every week I need to set the recordings again because they disapare_--

I thought that was my boyfriend deleting the schedules!! jajajajajaja so is a BUG.. jajajaja

My boyfriend is going to kill me.. Because he was sure that he did't touch nothing jajaja

Iosu

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    possible problem here...

i just disconnected the network cable of the computer running tvserver and my client obviously lost signal whilst watching tv.

the problem is that i tried to connect again the tv, see the epg or do something tv related and it does not work.

can someone check this?

ps. the computer runing tvserver continue working normally. when i restarted mp in the client everything work perfectly.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have another one..

can anyone confirm ?

YES!! I was getting crasy!!! I had a weekly schedule like "Record Every monday at 21:30 prision break".. and sometimes every week I need to set the recordings again because they disapare_--

I thought that was my boyfriend deleting the schedules!! jajajajajaja so is a BUG.. jajajaja

My boyfriend is going to kill me.. Because he was sure that he did't touch nothing jajaja

Iosu

Then I suggest you kiss and make up .. I've read that other people are having the same problem :D

Diggen

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    possible problem here...

i just disconnected the network cable of the computer running tvserver and my client obviously lost signal whilst watching tv.

the problem is that i tried to connect again the tv, see the epg or do something tv related and it does not work.

can someone check this?

ps. the computer runing tvserver continue working normally. when i restarted mp in the client everything work perfectly.

I can confirm, when Network is lost while MP is running (TV started or not) it will not show EPG until restart of MP.
    Looks like it connects to the TVServer but not SQL. It does show only "connect TVServer" after the "Enter IP"-Screen, also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom