Multiseat RC1 Problem streaming same channel (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can anyone confirm this.. (logs show nothing usefull so cant really produce a bugreport yet, but if someone can confirm it might be worth a try).

Client 1 .. play channel x..

wait 3 minutes or more..

client 2 .. play same channel als client 1...

Client 2 starts playing at the point where client 1 started to watch the channel and there is noway to skip to the live point in time to get in sync..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    *bump*

I haven't got the ability to test this, but it is important. Can anyone confirm?

mm

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Can anyone user with a multiseat installation please test this?

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Im multiseat, but however have 4TR installed on the client (not using Argus tho')

When I start streaming one Channel, it creates
    rtsp://10.0.0.8:554/stream2.0

A few minutes later when I start a second client on the same exact same channel, it starts at the live point for that channel and creates
    rtsp://10.0.0.8:554/stream2.1

So all good here ... but not sure of 4TR makes this an invalid test (client and server all using RC1)

Lichloathe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have a multiseat setup (one server/client and one client) both on 1.2.1 and haven't been able to reproduce the problem.
    I have tested different times and different channels with and without rtsp.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Im using multiseat aswell, and i've seen the problem u describe one or two times. Think what it solved for me: in my case some clients use RTSP and some UNC, maybe tvserver / mp-client get mixed up. Now i have changed all my clients to use UNC paths, not seen the problem back.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Im using multiseat aswell, and i've seen the problem u describe one or two times. Think what it solved for me: in my case some clients use RTSP and some UNC, maybe tvserver / mp-client get mixed up. Now i have changed all my clients to use UNC paths, not seen the problem back.

its gone now with 1.2.1.0 final .. :D ..

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

found the problem. not gone with 1.2.1.0...

its happens only in the following situation:

A program is recorded on say channel 4..
    Program is finished recording.. and after that a client is still watching channel 4 (watching while the program was being recorded)..

when another client starts channel4 is will start when the recording has finished (the beginning of the timeshift) as being live tv with noway to skip to the real point in time..

can someone reproduce ? (using RSTP default)..

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

found the problem. not gone with 1.2.1.0...

its happens only in the following situation:

A program is recorded on say channel 4..
    Program is finished recording.. and after that a client is still watching channel 4 (watching while the program was being recorded)..

when another client starts channel4 is will start when the recording has finished (the beginning of the timeshift) as being live tv with noway to skip to the real point in time..

can someone reproduce ? (using RSTP default)..

never mind, i got it fixed.. and more vague problems vanished by not using RTSP streaming anymore. (using UNC now).

so good enough for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom