[Approved] Multiseat + UNC Setting + Series Recordings Issue (2 Viewers)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey guys.

Found a issue with series recordings and the "Multi Seat Setup Use UNC" setting.
    If in the debug options of configuration.exe -> TV -> "Multi Seat Setup Use UNC" is activated then series recordings which are located in sub directorys wont play.

Option, see: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...diaPortal_Configuration/22_TV/5_Debug_Options

The error message is: "Abspielen nicht möglich: Name der Aufnahme" (in german language)
    My Settings for "Recording Path" in TV\DebugOptions: \\MEDIASERVER\TV-Aufzeichnung\Wohnzimmer

Log from the issue (MP 1.6 Final, also tested on newest MP 1.8 pre release):

[2014-01-05 11:58:37,245] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - PlayRecording:\\MEDIASERVER\TV-Aufzeichnung\Wohnzimmer\Penn & Teller\Penn & Teller - 2014-01-05.ts - using rtsp mode:False

the issue is the path of the recording file, in this case its located under:

[2014-01-06 14:53:38,257] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - PlayRecording:\\MEDIASERVER\TV-Aufzeichnung\Wohnzimmer\Discovery HD\Penn & Teller\Penn & Teller - 2014-01-05_1.ts - using rtsp mode:False

To fix the issue, i am trying to find the filename in all subdirectorys JUST if the recording is not found the old way.
    This works for me.

Here is the original german thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/lösung-multiseat-unc-aufnahmen-funktionieren-nicht.116831/

and attached the git patch.

Could anybody review the patch and include it into the roadmap for future versions?
    would be nice to use the UNC feature in upcomming versions (because its faster)

thx
    pOpY

Attachments

• tvutil_unc_rec_path_fix.patch
      2.4 KB
    Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice find pOpY! I've noticed this behavior a few times (i think it only happened on my Darts recordings) but indeed this was bugging me also.

Added to JIRA:
    MP1-4495: Recordings in Subfolders won't play when UNC paths are used on Multi-Seat setups

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Thx for adding to jira :)
    Hope it makes his way to 1.8 final.

Cu pOpY

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Attached the patched tvplugin.dll for 1.8 pre.
    So you can test the patch easily ijn you 1.8pre environment.

cu
    pOpY

Attachments

• TvPlugin_1.8.pre_unc_rec_fix.zip
      186.6 KB

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey guys.

Has this patch found its way to 1.8.0 final?

thx

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I would like to try to change from RTSP to UNC protocol (the new feature announced with 1.8), but I could not find how to do it. Could anybody point me to the right place?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You need to start on debug mode : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Configuration.exe" /debugoptions

upload_2014-7-4_7-10-54.png

:)

Keep in mine that UNC is used in singleseat (if i'm not wrong)

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    thx, i was confused because this forum thread is on state "pending".

@Sebastiii: really? i have used it a couple of days with mutliseat, the preformance compared to RTSP is very good! but now i am back to RTSP because i had problems on starting TV (maybe windows samba problem?). Havent found time to investigate the issue, but its really worth a try because the channel switching times are really faster than RTSP.

pOpY

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If this is a standard feature, maybe it shouldn't be hidden under /debugoptions?

If this is good for a single seat only, why does the setting read "Multi seat setup: use UNC paths"

Keep in mine that UNC is used in singleseat (if i'm not wrong)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom