Multishortcut plugin to execute programs from home menu! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirlone

Portal Pro
October 21, 2005
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
i have a problem with this excellent plugin...

i have made a custom shortcut with this plugin, which starts external program in fullscreen mode on the top of mp, and that's ok. i have put this shortcut into my plugins menu.

problem is when powerscheduler is activated (plugin which sends mp into standby after predefined time of inactivity in mp's top menu), mp goes into standby and that isn't good 'cause i was 'playing' with external program at the time... all that happens because mp returns to top menu after launching custom shortcut from my plugins.

how can i avoid such behaviour and still to have powerscheduler plugin active (it's essential mp plugin to me) ???

rgs,
pirlone

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
I doubt it is possible since this plugin doesn't come "in contact" with core MP in any way... it just does what it does: calls an external program

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
pirlone said:
i have a problem with this excellent plugin...

i have made a custom shortcut with this plugin, which starts external program in fullscreen mode on the top of mp, and that's ok. i have put this shortcut into my plugins menu.

problem is when powerscheduler is activated (plugin which sends mp into standby after predefined time of inactivity in mp's top menu), mp goes into standby and that isn't good 'cause i was 'playing' with external program at the time... all that happens because mp returns to top menu after launching custom shortcut from my plugins.

how can i avoid such behaviour and still to have powerscheduler plugin active (it's essential mp plugin to me) ???

rgs,
pirlone

Search for "Watchdog" MP plugin !

It prevents the Powerscheduler form hibernating MP while there is a process you can define which runs on your computer.

E.G. DVDDecrypter can make a copy of a DVD to your PC and then then MP goes to standby

E.G. A windows task start WebEPG during the night and then MP goes to standby once the guide updated.

Have fun !

lukenad

July 18, 2006
Can you create folders on the MediaPortal home

Hi...

Just wondering if you can create folders on the MediaPortal menu using this plugin???

Thanks

NLS

Portal Pro
April 26, 2006
Home Country
Greece Greece
you can create folders in Home menu (like you could always do) and use this plugin in them (or out or anywhere you like)

lukenad

July 18, 2006
Making folders... how?

At the risk of making myself some as dumb as I truly am... how do I make those folders??? I've only just started fiddling with MP today and haven't found out how to do it... a couple step would be great.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom