MultiShortcut plugin (2 Viewers)

KeithP

Portal Member
November 11, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am just playing with this plugin with MP 1.2.1. Got it working OK and appearing in the 'Plugins' section, but I'd like to get it into the Home screen. I can't seem to do this, as it doesn't appear in the Basic Home Editor for StreamedMP so I cannot add it to the menu items. I have tried both the Plugin and XML views.

Any ideas? thanks

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    HI

Try this - kompleted version 2.3 + working dll

On my XP MP 1.2.1 its working. I use it for my little program for timer - pc shutdovn/sleep , and sound switching

is this for MePo 1.2Beta ??

And how do i get it to shot up in MePo, when running StreamedMP skin??

markeby

May 9, 2009
    How does this work with MP 1.2.1? I am trying to use the latest version of of MS but not go. No setup screen. We really need a version of this that just works with all kinds of mucking around.

KeithP

Portal Member
    November 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Just to confirm, I am using the version

"kompleted version 2.3 + working dll"

and it works perfectly with MP 1.2.1 (I am using it to launch 'NeverMissTV") EXCEPT one issue, which is getting it into the Home Screen of 'Streamed MP' rather than buried in Plugins.

After setting the shortcut plugin to 'Home Screen' in MediaPortal Configuration, I then open the StreamedMP BasicHome Editor, and find no entry for the plugin that can be added to the Home Menu. I have looked for the plugin under its original name (MultiShortcut) and my renamed dll (NeverMissTV), in both Plugin and XML views. I cannot find it. Would it be listed as anything else?

thanks

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    KeithP - you need to create an xml file and put it in the root of the StreamedMP skin folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP". I've attached mine - simply edit it and change the ID number to whatever your multi shortcut ID is. This number is found within the plugin's configuration in MP config.

Then go in to the StreamedMP basic home design, click "Display xml filenames" and it'll be in the list and ready to add to your menu.

Cheers
    Si

Attachments

• nevermisstv.xml
      94 bytes

KeithP

Portal Member
    November 11, 2010
    Home Country
    KeithP - you need to create an xml file and put it in the root of the StreamedMP skin folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP". I've attached mine - simply edit it and change the ID number to whatever your multi shortcut ID is. This number is found within the plugin's configuration in MP config.

Then go in to the StreamedMP basic home design, click "Display xml filenames" and it'll be in the list and ready to add to your menu.

Cheers
    Si

Brilliant - thanks very much. All set now.:D

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have both pluugins, and now The new xml file thing i made.
    i still cant see the multiplugin thing, i want to launch KYLO Browser.

ive add the kylo path to the program 1.

when i hot plugins or kylo browser (the name i have the xml file) inside MePo, nothing happens, it just returns me to same screen
    ??

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    I had this plugin working for 1.2alpha but since I've done a clean install of 1.2.1 final I can't for the life of me get the new plugin to show up in the configuration.

I've tried all combinations of .dll files and dllfix.exe. I figured the one that someone put together on the last page of this thread would work but no luck.

Does anyone have any tips as to what to look for to get this working? Really need to get Hulu Desktop linked into Mediaportal again.

Thanks!

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Here's what I do and it works perfectly with 1.2.1:

Download the MultiShortcut installer version and install it. Get the installer here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/multishortcut-521/multishortcutsetup-multishortcutinstaller-89170/

Then put Migue's version in the "c:\program files\team mediaportal\plugins\windows" folder - overwrite the existing file. Migue's version is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/multishortcut-521/multishortcut-plugin-75305/index12.html#post738562

Now run the installer from your desktop, making sure you run it with administrative rights. Type in the names of your shortcuts, hit "Generate" and the job's a good un!

Cheers
    Si

Cousin_Jerry

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Here's what I do and it works perfectly with 1.2.1:

Download the MultiShortcut installer version and install it. Get the installer here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/multishortcut-521/multishortcutsetup-multishortcutinstaller-89170/

Then put Migue's version in the "c:\program files\team mediaportal\plugins\windows" folder - overwrite the existing file. Migue's version is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/multishortcut-521/multishortcut-plugin-75305/index12.html#post738562

Now run the installer from your desktop, making sure you run it with administrative rights. Type in the names of your shortcuts, hit "Generate" and the job's a good un!

Cheers
    Si

Thanks Simondus!

I finally found some time to test this and I've got it launching Hulu Desktop but the slight issue now is that the shortcut on the menu is still listed as -no name-.

I've read through these threads that that usually indicates that the dllfix.exe did not run properly but I didn't use it, I just used the installer you linked me to.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom